Drilling Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Malongo
Job Title: Drilling Engineer
Requisition Number: 081119865
Job is available in these locations: Malongo, , Angola
Monrovia, , Liberia
Lagos, , Nigeria
Beijing, , China
Balikpapan, , Indonesia
East Kalimantan Offshore, , Indonesia
Jakarta, , Indonesia
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Rio De Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Bogota, Bogota, Colombia
El Tigre, , Venezuela
Maracaibo, , Venezuela
Puerto La Cruz, , Venezuela
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Drilling Engineer responsible for supporting our global drilling & completions operations in numerous locations around the world. Drilling Engineers are assigned projects and work expectations will be set by the local Drilling & Completions Engineering Manager responsible for the operations area concerned.
Chevron has established drilling and completion operation in over 20 countries around the world with an exploration/new ventures team that plans and executes projects in new countries where we do not yet have production. Our staffing plan is each country includes a mix of local staff that is supplemented by expatriate personnel. These expatriate personnel are made up of employees from the countries where we have established operations, plus several others. An expatriate drilling engineer can expect a career path that includes opportunities to work in many of these countries or within the individual’s home country, as situations warrant.
Our expatriate positions are predominately residential, but we do have some positions that are filled on a rotational basis (typically 28/28). Depending on local laws and regulations, an expatriate employee can expect assignments to typically last 3 to 4 years, longer in some cases.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Focus on all drilling planning and execution issues
* Developing cost estimates and scoping of data for alternative well options – consider life of well issues” (e.g. future workovers, recompletions, sidetracks, abandonment, etc.)
* Recommend drilling design alternatives (casing design, connectors, hydraulics, bit selection, drilling fluids, cement design, etc)
* All aspects of drilling program design, development and permitting. Coordinate the gathering of pre-drill data for design criteria; including bottom hole assembly (BHA) data, offset well data, pore pressure, frac gradient, wellbore stability data, etc.
* Equipment procurement/forecasting
* Management of Contracts for Third Party services
* Vendor evaluation and selection, as well as work order development for vendors critical to the process
* Participation in the Chevron Project Development and Execution Process (CPDEP) phase gate meetings
* Drilling Execution - participate on a Rig team to monitor and execute the drilling program
* Supply engineering and technical support to the Superintendent and Drill Site Manager/Company Man as necessary to execute the drilling program
* Involvement in numerous health, safety and environmental efforts
* Mentoring of national engineers
* Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline
* Minimum of 5 years experience as a drilling engineer or as a company representative.Note: Each country has specific requirements for non-national personnel to work in their country, initial assignments will be to locations commensurate with the successful candidate’s education and work experience.
* A valid passport issued from country of citizenship.
* Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
* Proven competency in well design, execution planning, and drilling operations
* Strong communication and leadership skills for interaction with technical employees in the work group, their peers, and internal and external customers
* Candidate must be results and performance driven
* Candidate should be self motivated with the ability to act as a change agent
* Ability to learn non-English languages
* Experience in multiple types of operations (e.g. land, offshore shelf, deepwater, geothermal, etc.)
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.*LI-CM1
This is an expatriate position, therefore willingness to work outside of home country is an expectation. Candidate must be willing to work in multiple locations around the world.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Angola
View similar jobs:
Administrador do Programa Habitacional
Chevron Corporation - Luanda
Chevron Corporation - Cabinda
Coordenador para Gestão de Mudança de Processos para a área de Engenharia de Instalações
Chevron Corporation - Malongo
Locate this job: