Appraisal Team Senior Geophysicist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Aberdeen
Job Title: Appraisal Team Senior Geophysicist
Requisition Number: 096323328
Job is available in these locations: Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Exploration Geophysicist located in Aberdeen within the Value Creation Team.
Chevron Upstream Europe operates a diverse portfolio of exploration projects spanning from Greenland, throughout the North Atlantic continental margin, North Sea and onshore eastern Europe. Data from our active exploration and appraisal drilling program provides substantial competitive advantage enabling new play development and portfolio maturation.
Reporting to the Europe New Ventures Team Leader the New Ventures Exploration Geophysicist will:
1) Develop regional play concepts, coordinating work between Chevron’s Aberdeen, Oslo exploration teams as well as with other Global Exploration resources;
2) Conduct regional 2D & 3D seismic interpretation integrated with all available geologic data to develop a ranked portfolio of impact prospects;
3) Mentor other team members on use of geophysical exploration workflows and portfolio management tools.
Please ensure your application includes package/salary expectations, eligibility of employment for location and availability to meet if requested for interview.Information will assist in timely progression of your application.
Position Details: Essential Position Functions:
- Basin-wide play evaluation
- Assimilate geologic and geophysical data to identify and rank hydrocarbon plays.
- Established pathfinder and prospect generator with experience in multiple basins worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities for these position:
• Basin-wide play generation/evaluation along the North Atlantic continental margin.
• Coordinate work between Chevron’s Aberdeen and Oslo exploration teams.
• Network with Chevron’s Global Exploration subject matter experts and review teams to generate regional play assessments from basin to prospect scales.
• Identify and utilize global play analogues to mature European opportunities.
• Generate a ranked portfolio of impact prospects.
• Conduct 2D/3D seismic interpretation – with emphasis on reservoir imaging workflows, regional velocity model construction for depth conversion, sequence stratigraphy and reservoir properties from seismic.
• Effectively integrate G&G data (2D & 3D seismic, surface geology, well logs and potential field) to constrain prospect volumetrics.
• Utilize Chevron’s portfolio management tools and subsurface characterization workflows to enable capture of a robust prospect portfolio supported by peer reviewed geologic risk assessments.
• Apply broader geophysical skills to generate prospects (AVO, potential field, depth conversion, processing QC, and 3D volume visualization).
• Mentor New Ventures team members on regional play pathfinding, exploration workflows and prospect generation.
• Support exploration well planning and provide subsurface evaluation of ongoing exploration drilling programs.
• Engage with engineering, drilling and decision analysis experts to develop economic evaluation and bid level recommendations to prioritize license capture opportunities.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
MSc or PhD in Geology or Geophysics required.
Experience with multi-discipline bid round evaluations.
Expertise with seismic volume interpretation applications/workflows as well as integrated geologic risk and volumetrics determination.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JA1
Selected candidates will work in Unitedf Kingdom under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is an equal opportunities employer
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Country: United Kingdom
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Great Britain
View similar jobs:
Compliance — EMEA Compliance, Global Financial Crimes, Compliance Officer, VP — Based in Bournemouth
J.P. Morgan Chase - United Kingdom
Global Information Management Support EMEA — Associate — Bournemouth
J.P. Morgan Chase - United Kingdom
CIB Operations - EMEA Equities Middle Office - Client Services Representative
J.P. Morgan - United Kingdom
Locate this job: