Geolog Workflow Petrophysicist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Geolog Workflow Petrophysicist
Requisition Number: 032224980
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Geolog Workflow Petrophysicist located in Houston, Texas.
The Geolog Workflow Petrophysicist will lead the development and deployment of advanced petrophysical workflows to the Chevron petrophysical community. The role scope involves (1) working closely with the Formation Evaluation Research and Development staff to design, deploy and maintain proprietary workflows into Geolog; (2) providing support, training and mentoring in both proprietary advanced Geolog applications; (3) working with software vendor to influence the development of new workflows and functionalities.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Working with Research and Development (R&D) groups to deploy new Chevron developed applications and workflows.
* Identifying and promoting new applications of Petrophysical software for Chevron's Technology company and business units.
* Resolving technical problems with Geolog advanced processing and interpretation.
* Improving user productivity by automating workflows and repetitive procedures.
* Representing the company’s technology needs and interests to the Geolog vendor.
* Working closely with the vendor and Chevron staff to ensure that both commercial and proprietary Geolog advances are fully tested internally and rolled out across the organization in a timely fashion.
* Proactively monitoring other, non-Geolog applications for possible incorporation into the company’s formation evaluation interpretation tool kit.
* Providing formal and informal mentoring of Chevron Petrophysicist with Geolog and other Petrophysical software.
* Bachelor's Degree in Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering, or related technical field required.
* A minimum of 5 years of related industry experience.
* Must be an expert user of Geolog software, Multimin, and know formation evaluation fundamentals.
* Must have skills, or at least strong interest, for programming/scripting (Loglan, TCL, C++, etc).
* Must have good interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated teamwork ability.
* Represent the team to a diverse set of customers, and the ability to engage these customers and market new ideas & methods.
* Proven track record of finding solutions to systematic problems, such as identifying a petrophysical problem or task and develop a software solution.
* Demonstrated skills in developing and enhancing petrophysical workflows.
* Some international travel.
* Facimage experience.
* Rock mechanics and/or Reservoir Properties From Seismic (RPFS) experience.
* A passion for teaching and sharing of new techniques.
* Experience dealing with commercial terms.
* Project Management skills.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required: Bachelor
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Contract Speech Language Pathologist - SLP Job in Southwest Houston, TX Area Schools
Soliant Health - Southwest Houston, TX
Speech Language Pathologist north of Houston, TX
Soliant Health - N of Houston, TX
Speech Language Pathologist position north of Houston, TX
Soliant Health - North of Houston, TX
Locate this job: