Geological and Geophysical Operations Geoscientist / Pore Pressure Specialist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Geological and Geophysical Operations Geoscientist / Pore Pressure Specialist
Requisition Number: 006422622
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Geological and Geophysical Operations Geoscientist / Pore Pressure Specialist, located in Houston, Texas.
The Deepwater Exploration and Projects Geological and Geophysical (G&G) Operations team is seeking an experienced Earth Scientist to support well design and drilling operations for Deepwater Gulf of Mexico projects. This is a senior technical position that requires experience and skills to provide technical leadership within the G&G Operations department and mentoring of less experienced earth scientists.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Interpret, characterize, integrate and predict geology, drilling hazards, pore pressure, fracture gradient and wellbore stability profiles that can impact optimum well design and drilling execution for exploratory and appraisal deepwater wells.
* Provide geologic technical support to the well site drilling operations team during all phases of operations including oversight of real-time pore pressure evaluation, daily monitoring and analysis of geologic data and reports, plus co-facilitation of morning meetings.
* Travel offshore to deepwater drilling rigs as needed to assist the wellsite geologist in geologic and evaluation operations on deepwater wells.
* Interpret 2D and 3D seismic datasets and integrating well log and mechanical data for construction of drilling hazard and PP/FG assessments.
* A Master’s Degree in an Earth Science related discipline.
* A minimum of 5 years of related experience.
* Have a working knowledge and experience with various tools used in G&G Operations:
- PC programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Drillworks Predict);
- seismic workstation applications (e.g., EPOS, Seisworks, Openworks, Stratworks, Decision Space, VoxelGeo, Geoprobe, or GOCAD as appropriate).
* Possess adequate experience interpreting subsurface data (seismic, well logs and mechanical) to construct drilling hazard assessments.
* Possess a good working knowledge of Pore Pressure theory and have specific and relevant experience with PP techniques needed to assess pore pressure fracture gradient, wellbore stablility and stress model inputs to well design and during well execution..
* Have experience and/or knowledge of well site geologic procedures and services needed to support deepwater drilling operations.
* Have experience and understanding of conventional coring, wireline, and logging while drilling formation evaluation tools, operation, and interpretation, and the integration into well design and execution.
* Be able to work and communicate effectively and collaboratively in a team environment with petro-technical professionals with diverse backgrounds, functions, and goals.
* Ability as a leader to effectively communicate, interact and make things happen in a combined G&G operations and drilling engineering process workgroup while fostering cooperation and teamwork across organizational and functional boundaries.
Relocation may be considered. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Masters
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
ER85 - Planner/Scheduler
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
EG91 - Materials Planner II
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Speech Language Pathologist position Houston, TX
Soliant Health - Houston, TX
Locate this job: