Geological & Geophysical Operations Coordinator Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX (Job ID chevron-26778)
Job Title: Geological & Geophysical Operations Coordinator
Requisition Number: 081126778
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Geological & Geophysical Operations Coordinator, located in Houston, Texas.
The Geological & Geophysical (G&G) Operations Coordinator will join the Global Deepwater and Complex Wells Drilling group. This person will provide front-line geotechnical operations support for the drilling superintendents, drilling engineers, and wellsite personnel involved in executing the drilling plans for these remote wells. The selected candidate needs to have sufficient personal flexibility to rotate to/from international locations and a willingness to work long hours and an irregular work schedule tied to drilling operations. Occasional travel offshore to drilling rigs in support of wellsite operations will also be needed. The initial assignment for this job will likely be in Kurdistan, but other locations (West Africa and China) are also possible during 2013-14.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Keep Chevron’s Drilling representatives (on the rig and at the shore base office) advised concerning all G&G aspects of the drilling well.
* Help facilitate morning operation meetings involving office and rig personnel.
* Collaborate with wellsite geologists and office subject matter experts on estimating pore pressure at the wellsite using Logging While Drilling (LWD) data, pore pressure software and wellsite experience.
* Assist wellsite geologists with special operations (coring and logging) as required.
* Manage scheduling and provide front line supervision of wellsite geologists.
* Oversee and participate in service quality review meetings for geotechnical service providers working the well.
* Act as liaison for transfer of data among rig personnel and the Integrated Drilling Team (G&G team members, Drillsite Managers, Drilling Engineers and Superintendent).
* Coordinate shipping and transfer of all G&G data (samples, logs, etc.) to and from the rig.
* Maintain up-to-date hardcopy and electronic folders of critical well data in the office and on the network.
* Maintain safety standards through training and practice as required.
Occasional pre-drill office work may be required as follows:
* Prepare Pre-Drill Data Packages (WellPODs) for all wells.
* Assist with drilling hazards assessments for drillsites.
* Participate in the pre-drill well design process (including creation of evaluation programs).
* Master’s Degree in an Earth Science related discipline, or a Bachelor’s Degree with adequate related industry experience may be considered.
* Knowledgeable of Geotechnical wellsite processes - LWD, mud logging, and wireline data acquisition systems, sample collection and processing, core acquisition and handling; and real-time pore pressure evaluation.
* Familiarization working with seismic datasets and other subsurface geologic data.
* Knowledgeable with Microsoft and Internet PC.
* Ability to effectively communicate, interact and make things happen in a combined G&G operations and drilling engineering process workgroup while fostering cooperation and teamwork across organizational and functional boundaries.
* Willingness and ability to work a 28/28 rotational schedule.
* Familiarization with Drillworks PREDICT pore pressure interpretation software; Epos and Landmark (StratWorks, OpenWorks and SeisWorks) interpretation and mapping.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Patient Assessment Coordinator - Hospital Bay Area - Pasadena, TX
Kindred Hospital - Pasadena, TX
Venterra Realty - Humble, TX
Sanofi Pasteur - Sugarland, TX
Locate this job: