Geological & Geophysical Operations Wellsite Geologist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Geological & Geophysical Operations Wellsite Geologist
Requisition Number: 006426198
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Geological and Geophysical (G&G) Operations Wellsite Geologist, located in Houston, Texas.
Under the general direction of the G&G Operations Coordinator, the Operations Wellsite Geologist will assist with and supervise all geologic aspects of deepwater drilling operations including paleo, mud logging and cuttings analysis, Logging While Drilling (LWD) and wireline acquisition. This position has direct capital stewardship impact on multiple, large, capital well projects. This job is a rotational 14 day on / 14 day off work schedule at assigned deepwater well rig locations in the Gulf of Mexico. Candidate is not required to maintain residence in any specific location.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Advise the Lead Drill Site Manager (DSM) and other company drilling engineers on geologic related interpretation and other issues, and serves as liaison for transfer and communication of G&G data daily between the rigsite and the shore based Integrated Drilling Project Team (Drilling, G&G Operations, Exploration, Appraisal, and Asset Teams).
* Generate detailed daily and end of well reports and coordinates transfer and shipment of all G&G data and samples.
* Travel offshore on an infrequent basis (at least once per well project) to Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (Deepwater Gulf of Mexico) drilling rigs to provide leadership support to wellsite operations, as needed.
* Master's Degree in an Earth Science related discipline or Bachelor's Degree with adequate relevant experience may be considered.
* Availability to work at shorebase and rigsite for 14 day work period, or in office in Houston (on 12 hour shift) during rig standby periods.
* Ability to pass functional exam to prove physical capability to perform in offshore drilling operations environment and attain required SafeGulf, HUET, and offshore marine survival certifications.
* Ability to obtain U.S. Coast Guard Letter of Determination for approval to board and work on deepwater rigs operating in U.S. waters (Non-U.S. Citizens).
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office PC tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, DrillWorks Predict ). Knowledgeable of mudlogging operations, sample examination, petrophysics, LWD and wireline data acquisition.
* Knowledgeable of Subsurface interpretation and ability to integrate well log and mechanical data for decisions at the wellsite, interpretation of drilling reports to aid in assessment of potential geologic hazards.
* Knowledgeable of and a willingness to learn more about geotechnical operations support in Pore Pressure theory and techniques needed to assess pore pressure fracture gradient (PP/FG) and wellbore stability; well site geologic procedures and services needed for deepwater drilling operations; conventional coring, wireline, and LWD formation evaluation tools, operation, and interpretation, and the integration into well design and execution.
* Familiarity of the well planning process and how it applies to the well execution.
* Flexibility to work occasional long hours and an irregular work schedule tied to drilling operations.
* Knowledgeable in drilling operations (preferably deepwater).
* Ability to effectively communicate, interact and make things happen in a combined G&G operations and drilling engineering process workgroup while fostering cooperation and teamwork across organizational and functional boundaries. Should possess quick, accurate thinking, and decision making skills, and proven ability to work effectively under deadlines.
* Demonstrated willingness and aptitude to transfer technology, skills and knowledge by training and mentoring others.
* Previous supervisory experience of operations or rig based personnel.
* Seismic workstation skills (e.g., SeisWorks, Openworks, Stratworks, Epos 4).
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:General Scientific jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
HES Specialist - Environmental
Chevron Corporation - Bellaire, TX
R&D Process Lab Tech
Kelly Services - Deer Park, TX
STAFF EPIDEMIOLOGIST- GENERALIST
City of Houston - Houston, TX
Locate this job: