Geological & Geophysical Operations Wellsite Services Coordinator Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Geological & Geophysical Operations Wellsite Services Coordinator
Requisition Number: 081126749
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Geological & Geophysical Operations Wellsite Services Coordinator, located in Houston, Texas.
The Geological & Geophysical (G&G) Operations Welllsite Services Coordinator will join the Global Drilling and Completions G&G Operations group located in Houston, Texas. This person will manage the wellsite geology staff, equipment, and data flow for deepwater drilling operations programs to ensure continuous support and oversight for Chevron's international drilling program. This person will also be responsible for interaction and coordination with service partners for all aspects of wellsite operations such as mudlogging, Logging While Drilling (LWD) and wireline logging, coring as well as assist the wellsite geologist with logistical issues when needed. Candidate needs to have flexibility to travel to foreign countries and offshore locations on an occasional basis and a willingness to work an irregular work schedule tied to drilling operations as needed.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Manage the scheduling of the Wellsite Geology staff for a multiple rig program to ensure coverage during critical drilling operations.
* Participate in interviews and selection of wellsite geology staff (both contract and Chevron employees).
* Administer the Performance Management Plan (PMP) process and goal setting for the Chevron wellsite geology staff including Managing Safe Work (MSW) and Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) program tracking.
* Provide oversight for construction, maintenance, repair of the G&G Operations units located on Chevron land rigs and drillships around the world.
* Ensure that the wellsite staff is meeting critical goals related to OE such as MSW, Job Safety Analysis (JSA) reviews, and BBS observations.
* Provide oversight for purchase and deployment of equipment used in G&G Operation’s units.
* Monitor accounting data related to G&G Operations units and the cost recovery system used to finance them.
* Assist in training efforts such as Horizons Wellsite Geology training, G&G for Drillers, Predict training, etc
Assist and provide quality control of pre-drill office work as follows:
* Participate in the pre-drill well design process such as risk assessments, peer assists and Earth Science Basis of Design reviews.
* Prepare contract documents for geotechnical rig services.
* Participate in service quality review meetings for geotechnical service providers (Mudlogging, LWD and Wireline, Coring).
Assist and provide quality control of drill phase work as follows:
* Participate in daily operations meetings as needed.
* Assist the wellsite geologist when problems with the G&G Operations units occur.
* Master’s Degree in an Earth Science related discipline, or a Bachelor’s Degree with adequate related industry experience may be considered.
* A minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience.
* Knowledgeable of Geotechnical wellsite processes – LWD, mud logging, and wireline data acquisition systems, sample collection and processing, core acquisition and handling; and real-time pore pressure evaluation.
* Ability to coordinate and manage a staff of 10-15 wellsite geologist and/or contractors who work primarily offshore to ensure that all critical operations are covered.
* Ability to interface and provide feedback to our geotechnical service providers and to lead quarterly service reviews as needed with them. Knowledgeable in Microsoft and Internet PC.
* Ability to effectively communicate, interact and make things happen in a combined G&G operations and drilling engineering process workgroup while fostering cooperation and teamwork across organizational and functional boundaries.
* Familiarity with Drillworks PREDICT pore pressure interpretation software.
* Familiarity with Epos and Landmark (StratWorks, OpenWorks and SeisWorks) interpretation and mapping.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
KYC Team Lead - Business Banking
Chase - TX, Texas
KYC QC Team Lead - Business Banking
Chase - TX, Texas
Relationship Manager I - Business Banking - Del Oro
Chase - TX, Texas
Locate this job: