LNG Process Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX (Job ID chevron-27285)
Job Title: LNG Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 032227285
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Process Engineer located in Houston, Texas through December 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
Position Details: Position Details : Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Provide specialized process engineering support to LNG major capital project teams in areas of concept development, alternative generation, process comparison & selection, optimization, equipment selection, detailed engineering, cost estimating, design assurance, Hazops, commissioning/start-up and operations.
* Provide guidance to project teams concerning the value impact on an overall LNG facility and across the entire LNG value chain.
* Provide guidance to project and asset teams concerning operational issues pertaining to LNG systems as well as debottlenecking and troubleshooting assistance to operating facilities.
* Serve as Chevron's technical representative at shareholder meetings and negotiations.
* Plan and lead new technology development relating to LNG processing and production. Technology development responsibilities may include a full spectrum of areas such as new concept initiation and screening, project management, deployment, and technical qualification. Includes working with operating units for development of business cases for new technology, collaboration with joint partnerships (JIP's) and university consortia, project planning, supervision of external contractors and vendors, and planning for commercialization and deployment.
* Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
* 10+ years of process engineering design and/or technology development experience in LNG and gas processing.
* Experience in HAZIDs, HAZOPs, MOCs, and other applicable related safety focused analysis of the design and operations of LNG facilities.
* Knowledge of process simulators applicable to both gas processes and liquefaction technologies.
* Demonstrated project management skills and experience with major capital projects and/or technology development projects.
* Experience in managing and providing work direction to contractors.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Working experience in international assignments. Must be able to travel internationally and domestically up to 25%.
• Experience in LNG plant commissioning, start-up, and operations is desirable.
• Proficiency with process simulation is desirable.
• Experience in deploying, and commercializing technologies is desirable.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-DC1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Project Controls Manager
Burns & McDonnell - Houston, TX
Quality Systems Specialist
PDS Technical Services - The Woodlands, TX
The Judge Group - Houston, TX
Locate this job: