MCP Completion Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: MCP Completion Engineer
Requisition Number: 081127405
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
To learn more, visit theExplore Chevron website.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Completions Engineer – Block 0 located in Houston, Texas through July 23 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The position is Houston based, but there is possible travel required (estimated at 1 to 2 times per year) to Luanda and Malongo camp in Angola.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Provides completion engineering support for SASBU Houston Block 0 New Field Development GVLA (Greater Vanza Longui Area) and SND (South N'Dola) Major Captial Project (MCP) working in MCP CPDEP Phase 3 & 4.
75% of time will be dedicated to GVLA Phase 3 MCP work and 25% of time will be dedicated to SND Phase 4 MCP work.
Some key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
* Prepare & deliver completion information in Partner Workshops, DRB Meetings, Project Assurance Reviews, Stakeholder communications.
* Prepare & deliver project updates to SASBU D&C Staff in Luanda / Malongo seeking alignment of completion design.
* Work with GVLA & SND Drilling Engineers to develop / deliver Phase 2 & Phase 3 appropriate deliverables per MCP CPDEP (some examples below).
* Develop D&C project plan appropriate for Phase 3 & Phase 4 MCP deliverables for GVLA & SND Projects.
* Develop, evaluate, and finalize completion concept alternatives in alignment Phase 3 GVLA MCP.
* SND - finalize and develop Phase 4 appropriate completion long lead equipment list for SND MCP.
* Develop Phase 3 appropriate time and cost probabilistic estimate model in line with GVLA VBWO.
- Benchmark SASBU & Rushmore completion performance for well designs investigated.
- Perform phase appropriate risk assessment of completion design alternatives for selecting preferred alternative.
- Identify and evaluate completion design changes and/or technology deployment into the project planning process to help drive cost reduction for completion.
* GVLA - prepare Phase 3 Well Construction Basis of Design documentation for the preferred alternative concept. In Phase 3, continue to develop / revise Well Construction Basis of Design.
- Document Best Practices and Lessons Learned for selected alternative to incorporate in Phase 3 & Phase 4 planning.
- Develop a phase appropriate Risk & Uncertainty Management plan to mitigate the completion design uncertainties.
- Investigate special equipment needs for the completion design and prepare a list of the long lead items.
* GVLA - develop Phase 3 Well Construction Basis of Estimate documentation in line with SASBU MCP SOP. In Phase 3, continue to develop / revise Well Construction Basis of Estimate:
- Develop well intervention and operating expense costs forecast for the well life
* GVLA - engage, contract, and oversee ETC for completion oriented studies pertinent to project work.
* SND - work with SND Drilling Engineer to develop Phase 4 transition document for project handover to Luanda Planning Engineers.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
* Minimum 7 years of completion engineering industry experience.
* Broad drilling/completion work over knowledge is required; experience in multiple Business Units.
Strong knowledge of Project Management processes. Ability to drive a project across multi functional teams to reach an appropriate solution.
* Demonstrated experience with hydraulic fracturing.
* Excellent leadership & communication skills. Holds self & others accountable for performance. Ability to communicate across many functions, and with Asset Teams and a multitude of diverse contractors. Ability to coordinate a multitude of contractors and equipment in a rapid paced well construction factory. Proactively & effectively mentors early career employees.
* Teamwork. Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multi-discipline; multi-cultural environment.
* Proven experience innovating, willing to challenge the status quo and improve performance. Demonstrates critical thinking across multi functional teams to reach solutions.
* Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
* Extensive hydraulic fracturing experience, knowledge of downhole completion equipment, packers, GLM, SCSSV, CIM, Downhole PT gauges and flow control devices. Knowledge of different perforating and stimulation techniques.
* Preferred SME Software knowledge - Microsoft office, Peleton WellView, WellCat, Stresscheck, Hydraulic Fracturing design software.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-CM1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Engineer II - Mechanical
Belcan - Pearland, TX
Sr. Design Engineer / Design Engineer - Solenoid Valve
Belcan - Houston, TX
Belcan - Baytown, TX
Locate this job: