Performance Consultant Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Makati
Job Title: Performance Consultant
Requisition Number: 084527658
Job is available in these locations: Makati, NCR (Manila), Philippines
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit theExplore Chevron website.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Performance Consultant located in Makati City, Philippines through May 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Conduct end-to-end application performance analysis and tuning studies, especially relating to how the application will react to the effects of network latency, bandwidth, packet loss and load.
* Conduct pre-deployment modeling and simulation analysis in order to identify if an application will work appropriately over the corporate LAN, MAN, or WAN.
* Application performance analysis - utilizing OPNET products such as ACE and other tools to identify key components of transaction performance including Microsoft (Exchange, Active Directory, File Shares), Web, databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), and Citrix. ACE analysis and reporting.
* Analyze and understand client’s IT requirements, organization functions, and decision making processes
* Review network designs and validate configurations (in relationship to a modeled application)
* Build and maintain good relationships with business partners.
* Communicate results in a clear and concise manner
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and/or Information Technology
* At least 5 years of experience in the IT or Telecom industry.
* Knowledge of telecommunications and application technologies including: Java, .NET , HTTP etc), routing layers/protocols, IP addressing, IP subnets, QoS, performance monitoring, VPN, Firewalls, Proxy servers, F5, NAS, and SAN technologies,.
* Experience with LAN analysis tools such as OPNET, Sniffer or WireShark.
* Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
* Have the ability to work from a high to low level of detail, have efficient and effective problem resolution and systems troubleshooting abilities, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with peers, company leadership, managers, subject matter experts and system users.
* General international business experience plus knowledge of unique regional or area requirements of Chevron business units.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.*LI-EG1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
State/Province/County: NCR (Manila)
Relocation Eligible: No
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Phillipines
View similar jobs:
Talent Acquisition Specialist I
TeleTech - Cebu - Lahug
Specialist, Workforce Management
TeleTech - Lipa
Senior Subledger Specialist
TeleTech - Manila
Locate this job: