Petrel® Reservoir Engineering Workflow Specialist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Petrel® Reservoir Engineering Workflow Specialist
Requisition Number: 032220955
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and conducting business in approximately 180 countries, the company is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production; refining, marketing and transportation; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation. Based upon recent results, Chevron is among the industry leaders in safety performance with industry leading financial performance (earnings, cash margins and return on capital employed), exploration results, cost management and has an industry leading inventory of impact major capital projects with a track record of superior project execution. Chevron’s organic production growth leads the industry and the company’s base production decline is less than major competitors. Now is a great time to join a great company with a very positive culture built upon enduring core values and principles.
Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC), a division of Chevron U.S.A. Inc., is accepting online applications for the position of Petrel® Reservoir Engineering Workflow Specialist, located in Houston, Texas.
The Petrel® Reservoir Engineering Workflow Specialist role will be a member of ETC’s Intersect deployment team, assisting global customers to perform high-end reservoir engineering and reservoir flow simulation studies for Chevron’s worldwide operations including major capital projects, new ventures, exploration, mature fields, various recovery processes (primary, secondary, EOR, storage) and multiple development scenarios. This role will focus on assisting customers with Petrel® tools and related workflows.
Position Details: Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to performing:
• Build, run, and calibrate simulation models with demonstrated in-depth knowledge using Petrel®, Petrel® Reservoir Engineering
• Fundamental knowledge of reservoir engineering using industry reservoir simulation tools. Practical engineering and operating company (asset team or consultant role) application experience is preferred.
• General knowledge in other related disciplines for integrated reservoir studies including geological modeling and surface facility modeling with reservoir simulation.
• Experience supporting multi-disciplinary asset development/reservoir management teams including earth scientists, reservoir and production engineers
• Perform production forecasts for large and complex reservoirs
• Evaluate multiple reservoir management and development scenarios to optimize overall performance and value for a diverse portfolio of assets (carbonate, clastic, oil, gas, onshore, offshore)
• Develop high quality training material, deliver training and effectively mentor less experienced engineers
• Demonstrate good communication and teamwork skills with commercial software vendors and customers
• Able to work under tight, demanding schedules, independently motivated and self driven
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline.
• Specialized knowledge of simulation model construction, data quality assurance, simulation model use, and simulation work flows using Petrel®/Petrel® Reservoir Engineering
• Demonstrated experience with multiple model types, including black oil, compositional, stream line, etc., including applications for new developments (green fields) and mature assets (brown fields)
• Demonstrated experience in data analysis and data manipulation, as well as simulation workflow process improvement and troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of rock and fluid properties and how to incorporate them into a simulation model.
• Some background related to asset development and planning, optimization, waterflooding, decision analysis and reservoir management
• Demonstrated experience using surface network modeling tools including GAP
• Strong Windows and UNIX computer skills.
• A Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline.
• Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-PS1
• Expatriate assignments may be considered.
(® registered trademark of Schlumberger Technology Corporation)
Education Required: Bachelor of Science
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
EG60 - Project Engineer
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Engineer II - Mechanical
Belcan - Pearland, TX
Sr. Design Engineer / Design Engineer - Solenoid Valve
Belcan - Houston, TX
Locate this job: