Petrophysicist - Formation Evaluation Services Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX (Job ID chevron-24841)
Job Title: Petrophysicist - Formation Evaluation Services
Requisition Number: 032224841
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Energy Technology Company is accepting online applications for the position of Petrophysicist – Formation Evaluation Services, located in Houston, Texas.
Energy Technology Company (ETC) is seeking a petrophysical expert with 5+ years of experience, with an earth science or engineering background. Work scope includes a wide variety of formation evaluation projects from our worldwide operations, ranging from exploration to detailed field studies. Projects may involve occasional travel for technical presentations and training. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to take a strong technical leadership role in a services group working on the advancement of the use petrophysical data and methodologies.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Work in a multi-specialized team environment integrating ideas from other technical specialists and fostering effective working relationships in the Earth Science Department in ETC.
* Work on a wide variety of formation evaluation projects from our worldwide operations, ranging from exploration to detailed field studies.
* Conduct interpretation work and collaborate with other team members, provide interpretation products to wide variety of customers with timely, useful results.
* Act as liaison with internal and external specialists, and contractors as required on key technical issues.
* Work with networks of other professionals within the Business Unit, Chevron technology organizations, and operating partners
* A Master's Degree in Geology, Geophysics, Engineering, or related earth science discipline; or a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in petrophysics along with a Bachelor's Degree will be considered.
* Well-versed in a wide range of petrophysical techniques and data types.
* Able to work with application developers providing technical guidance with the goal of developing new analysis tools and workflows.
* Experience recommending logging programs to solve complex reservoir characterization problems.
* High level of skill in log evaluation techniques and a broad range of experience in reservoir types.
* Well versed in the use, and quality control of routine and Special Core Analysis (SCAL) data, and the integration of core and wireline data sets.
* Be familiar with probabilistic techniques such as ELAN or Multimin.
* Practical experience with normalization methodology and the management and evaluation of large multiwell projects.
* Experience with property population and specification of uncertainty for 3D reservoir models.
* Have thorough understanding of rock properties and rock physics
* Well-versed the integration of logs and seismic data, including well ties, fluid substitution and generation of mechanical properties; and use of Formation Evaluation Quality Control / Reservoir Properties From Seismic workflows.
* Strong communication and mentoring skills.
* Strong technical leadership skills, along with the desire to advance the use and impact of petrophysical methods.
* Experienced Geolog user - able to support others.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Part Time Guest Service Representative - Staybridge Suites Willowbrook - Houston, TX
IHG - Houston, TX
Part Time Front Desk Agent - Candlewood Suites Houston - Westchase
IHG - Houston, TX
Nursing Supervisor Part Time Nights- Hospital Bay Area
Kindred Hospital - Pasadena, TX
Locate this job: