Process Control Systems Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX (Job ID chevron-27604)
Job Title: Process Control Systems Engineer
Requisition Number: 032227604
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) is accepting online applications for the position of Process Control Systems Engineer located in Houston, Texas through July 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This is a control systems engineer position in the Process Control Systems and SCADA Team of the ETC Process Automation Unit.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Provides expertise and technical services to Chevron operating companies such as Global Upstream, Global Manufacturing, Pipeline, and Marketing.
* May require working at operating facilities, manufacturer and testing sites, with occasional climbing ladders and other physical activity.
* PCS Subject Matter Expert with significant influence on Chevron Engineering Standards and Major Capital Project execution.
* Travel (approx 20% to 40% of time) to operating facilities or contractor offices worldwide to participate in design reviews or provide field assistance. Typical trips are weeklong.
* Occasional trips can extend several weeks. Must occasionally respond to emergency calls and work long hours.
* Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
* A minimum of 10 years experience with the design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of Distributed Control Systems (DCS) - Yokogawa and/or Honeywell preferred, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems.
* Good technical writing skills
* Project experience with control system integrators including conducting Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests is desirable.
* Detailed knowledge of communication interfaces to DCS highly desirable (e.g. Modbus/TCP, OPC, Ethernet/IP, Devicenet, Profibus, etc).
* Experience with FOUNDATION Fieldbus desirable.
* Professional Engineering registration or equivalent is desirable.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-DC1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
CIB Tech - Banking and Research - .Net Developer
J.P. Morgan - TX, Texas
IT Production & Revenue Accounting Oil & Gas
Accenture - Houston, TX
Sr. Net Developer
Robert Half Technology - Houston, TX
Locate this job: