Production Engineer - West Texas Gas Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Midland, TX (Job ID chevron-25832)
Job Title: Production Engineer - West Texas Gas
Requisition Number: 006425832
Job is available in these locations: Midland, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and conducting business in approximately 180 countries, the company is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production; refining, marketing and transportation; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of West Texas Gas Production Engineer, located in Midland, Texas.
The West Texas Gas Production Engineer is part of a multi-disciplinary field management team which includes production/operations engineering, reservoir engineering, earth science, operations, facility engineering and well construction. The focus of this position is on enhancing base production through sound asset/reservoir management, well-bore management (artificial lift, workovers, completions, etc.) and near-well-bore reservoir optimization, as well as assisting the operations team with cost management initiatives. West Texas Gas consists of four Field Management Teams: Big Lake, Conger, Fort Stockton and Headlee.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Enhance base production through sound asset/reservoir management, well-bore management (artificial lift, workovers, completions, etc.) and near-well-bore reservoir optimization.
• Assist the operations team with cost management initiatives.
• Conduct well surveillance and monitor well performance.
• Review data to determine optimization opportunities and production enhancement.
• Provide engineering support to Field Management Teams.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• A minimum of 3 years of directly related experience.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Experience with economic/decision analysis, as well as tools to frame and manage projects.
• The ability to review well performance and reservoir surveillance, and merge this information into an action plan.
• Knowledge of artificial lift, remedial wellwork operations, well stimulation and well completions including the use of tools and software programs.
• Knowledge and experience developing drilling programs, property assessments and reserves management.
• The ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
• The ability to clearly convey concepts and project information orally, in presentations and technical reports, with all levels in the organization including engineers, earth scientists, field operations team leaders and other key stakeholders.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.*LI-PS1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Texas Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Beaumont, TX
Test Engineer (Mid-Level)
PDS Technical Services - null, TX
Belcan - Lubbock, TX
Locate this job: