Research Scientist - Acoustic Logging Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Research Scientist - Acoustic Logging
Requisition Number: 032226656
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Energy Technology Company is accepting online applications for the position of Research Scientist – Acoustic Logging, located in Houston, Texas.
Chevron's Energy Technology Company (ETC) delivers leading–edge technology solutions and a full spectrum of services to all of Chevron's global enterprises, as well as research and development of new ideas and tools needed for the future.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to establish research directions and carry out this research in order to add value to Chevron’s oil and gas assets by improving our ability to use acoustic well logs to manage reservoirs, understand and quantify the near well bore environments, quantify reserves, and reduce uncertainty.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Initiate and perform applied research projects in oilfield applications of acoustic logging. This includes research and development on new interpretation methods, data processing, quality control and modeling to support and complement ongoing and future research in oilfield applications of both open-hole (wireline and LWD) and cased-hole acoustic logging measurements. These new techniques include extending the ability to forward model and invert borehole acoustic logging measurements.
* Manage Chevron’s proprietary algorithms on processing, interpretation, modeling and inversion, and develop new ones.
* Perform high-end technical service in connection with deployment of acoustic logging technologies to Chevron's operations.
* Maintain awareness of, and leverage, research by other oil companies, oilfield service companies and universities.
* A Doctorate degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in Condensed Matter Physics, Geophysics or related fields.
* Background in wireline (open and cased hole) and LWD sonic logging technology and be familiar with data acquisition, processing, quality control, and interpretation of sonic logging.
* A thorough understanding of the physics of borehole acoustic wave propagation.
* Capable of applying sonic logging and physics knowledge to applications in the domains of petrophysics, geophysics and geomechanics.
* Proven expertise in programming languages (C, C++, Fortran) on Unix/Linux.
* Experience in well log responses modeling and knowledge of geology and geophysics.
* Strong technical, teamwork, and communication skills and the ability to foster effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Highly motivated individual with the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary peer group, managers, operating company colleagues, and contractors.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will be considered.
Education Required: Doctorate
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:General Scientific jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Chemical Laboratory Technician - North Houston
Kelly Services - The Woodlands, TX
STAFF EPIDEMIOLOGIST (PART TIME)
City of Houston - Houston, TX
MICROBIOLOGIST I / DWO / VR
City of Houston - Houston, TX
Locate this job: