Reservoir Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Bakersfield, CA
Job Title: Reservoir Engineer
Requisition Number: 006427458
Job is available in these locations: Bakersfield, California, USA
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company's success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron San Joaquin Valley Business Unit is accepting online applications for the position of Reservoir Engineer located in Bakersfield, CA.
This position will be providing reservoir engineering support to existing assets in San Joaquin Valley in Chevron, and support business development efforts for potential new entry opportunities.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Provide Reservoir Engineering support for the Technical Team.
* Responsibilities include reservoir heat management and optimization of existing recovery projects.
* Position requires working with other team members (technical, non-technical) to analyze reservoir projects; estimate oil recovery; data analysis and making production and injection optimizing recommendations; and providing feedback on new development opportunities.
* Work involves engaging key technical experts from Chevron and working with stakeholders in the Applied Reservoir Management Team, Asset Development Team and Operations.
* Bachelors degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
* 3+ years of Oil & Gas experience.
* Engineering Skills and Experience - Applies reservoir engineering, production engineering, & geologic principles to optimize recovery, opportunity identification and project execution.
* Knowledgeable in reservoir management processes, production forecasting, log interpretation, and EOR or steamflood surveillance.
* Technical skills in reserve calculation, forecasting & decline curve analysis, and making timely project decisions. Identify and implement new technologies to optimize production and recovery.
* Communication Skills, Teamwork and Mentoring - Clearly convey and communicate concepts and project information verbally, in presentations and in reports with all levels of organization.
* Self starter with demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams; lead teams; and mentor less experienced engineers; develop skills of others.
* Participate in technology 'pull' and knowledge sharing across the BU.
* Analytical and Computer Skills - Able to develop and implement workable solutions using new and available, standardized technical tools; DSS, MS Office Suite, Access, queries, macros, LOWIS, SAP, PEEP, iField tools, etc.
* Behavioral and Organizational Skills - Operational Excellence: Safety & Diversity; role model for Chevron Way behaviors; knowledge and support of safe work practices; plans safety into operating practices.
* Role model for Chevron Way behaviors: willing to lead change in reservoir engineering skill application; challenge the status quo and implement process improvements; adopt and apply practices from other areas.
* Willingness to learn and employ Lean Sigma processes; and, to a lesser degree, experience with CSOC.
* Masters Degree in Petroleum Engineering
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-PS1
Expatriate assignments may be considered.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in California Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Sr. Linux Software Engineer
RightScale - Santa Barbara, CA
Cloud Systems Administrator
RightScale - Santa Barbara, CA
Entegee Engineering Technical Group - Goleta, CA
Locate this job: