Reservoir Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Midland, TX
Job Title: Reservoir Engineer
Requisition Number: 006425806
Job is available in these locations: Midland, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company's success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron Midcontinent Strategic Business Unit is accepting online applications for the position of Reservoir Engineer located in Midland, TX.
The Reservoir Engineer is part of multi-disciplinary field management team which includes production/operations engineering, reservoir engineering, earth science, operations, facility engineering, and well construction. The focus of this position is on enhancing base production through sound asset/reservoir management, development drilling, new projects, well-bore management (artificial lift, workovers, completions, etc) and technology application.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* The Reservoir Engineer is also responsible for identifying drilling opportunities and identifying opportunities to expand secondary operations.
* Enhancing base production through sound asset/reservoir management, development drilling, new projects, well-bore management (artificial lift, workovers, completions, etc) and technology application.
* Bachelors Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
* Reservoir/Asset Development - knowledge and experience in EOR (CO2 and/or waterflood), pattern balancing, WAG cycling/optimization, development drilling programs, property assessments, reserves management, etc.
* Production Operations - knowledge of artificial lift, remedial wellwork operations, well stimulation, and well completions.
* Production and/or Injection Management --Ability to conduct well surveillance and review data / records to determine optimization opportunities.
* Communication Skills -- Ability to clearly convey concepts and project information orally, in presentations and technical reports, with all levels in the organization including engineers, earth scientists, leaders, and other key stakeholders.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-PS1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor of Science
Education Required Discipline: Petroleum Engineering
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Texas Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Oracle DB Engineer
PDS Technical Services - null, TX
Mgr Tech Support Analysis Ntwk
AT&T - Wichita Falls, TX
PDS Technical Services - null, TX
Locate this job: