Reservoir Engineer - Non-Operated Joint Venture Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Bakersfield, CA (Job ID chevron-27446)
Job Title: Reservoir Engineer - Non-Operated Joint Venture
Requisition Number: 006427446
Job is available in these locations: Bakersfield, California, USA
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company's success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company, a division of Chevron U.S.A. Inc., is accepting online applications for the position of Reservoir Engineer - Non-Operated Joint Venture (NOJV) located in Bakersfield, California.
This position will support business unit objectives and evaluate Approval for Expenditures (AFEs) from Operator for drilling/completions, workovers, maintenance & Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) development for the Elk Hills field (light oil & gas, primary & EOR processes) and other NOJV properties as needed.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Annually, perform independent analysis of Reserves, Small Project Lookback, and Business Plan (Base and Development production and capital forecasts).
* Identify best practices/lessons learned from NOJV assets and share with operated assets.
* Proactively engage and influence operator to optimize asset value.
* Leverage teammates and other Chevron and external Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to independently evaluate asset proposals and performance.
* Work closely with Applied Reservoir Management, Finance, Legal and Land to steward Chevron value.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* Demonstrated knowledge in reservoir engineering, production engineering, and operations processes for light oil and associated gas: including understanding of rock and fluid properties, base and development/EOR performance monitoring/improvement, reserves estimation, artificial lift, production measurement, gas gathering, drilling, completions, and workovers.
* Demonstrated understanding of business drivers and ability to develop work and execution plans to meet objectives.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize decision analysis tools and processes to evaluate multiple options for solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multi-discipline team and multi-cultural environment (primary operating partner is Oxy).
* Demonstrated ability to maintain the trust of others when working under ambiguous, unfamiliar and uncertain conditions.- Easily builds relationships and networks with diverse groups of people.- Elicits and encourages open expression of ideas and opinions of others. - Actively expresses ideas and thoughts to a broad range of internal and external audiences using both formal and informal communications. - Uses a balance of facts, data and interpersonal skills in order to influence others.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-PS1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in California Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Professional Applications Developer
AT&T - CA
Wyle - China Lake, CA
Sr Specialist Tech Project Mgmt
AT&T - Modesto, CA
Locate this job: