Senior Drill Site Manager Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX (Job ID chevron-27547)
Job Title: Senior Drill Site Manager
Requisition Number: 081127547
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
To learn more, visit theExplore Chevron website.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Drill Site Manager located in Houston, Texas through through Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This group is responsible for "project drilling" in frontier areas or in new business units which do not have established organizations. The projects typically require front end work in Houston prior to moving into execution. This position will work on a rotational schedule. Once the project is completed, then the position will return to Houston and begin work on another project.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for managing the day to day deepwater, shelf or land-based well site operations.
* Managing day to day activities of rig contractor personnel and third party contractors, managing logistics for personnel and equipment to and from location.
* Providing accurate daily reports to the Drilling Superintendent and data entry into WellView (Chevron’s database system), maintaining accurate cost control.
* Accountable for the safe and efficient execution of well drilling, evaluation, completion, well-testing and workover operations.
* Leadership of well site activities associated with execution of well drilling, evaluation, completion and well testing operations.
* Communication of well site activity with drilling office and field personnel.
* Ensure application of safety and environmental program procedures including holding of safety meetings, contingency drills, development and use of JSA’s, BBS observations, and proper disposal of waste products.
* Scheduling, ordering, and receipt of required equipment and services. Manage logistics of personnel and equipment to/from well locations.
* Documentation of daily well site activity and entry into electronic database.
* Mentoring and training of Field Drilling Engineers and other DSMs.
* Monitoring and tracking of well expenditures.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum 10 years O&G directly, preferably experience within an Operator.
* Demonstrated experience in supervision of drilling and/or workover operations with deepwater, shelf and land, HPHT, managed pressure drilling, H2S, lost circulation, directional and horizontal experience preferred.
* Applicants must be able to successfully complete IADC Well Control training to achieve certification for well control.
* Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment that includes company and contract personnel, to work with diverse multi-national workforce and mentor national work force.
* Strong emphasis on safety of personnel. Demonstrated capacity to lead and supervise diverse rig teams to achieve Incident Free operations. Ensures operations are conducted in accordance with sound engineering practices and compliance with all environments and safety laws and regulations.
* Reinforces HES processes in all aspects of day to day operations including JSA’s, safety meetings, Tenets of Operations, RCA investigations, near miss reporting, etc.
* Champions BBS program usage and training for Chevron and Contractor personnel.
* Good organizational and analytical skills. Holds self & others accountable for performance. Nurtures professional growth of other DSMs. Strong mentor to other DSMs in HES and drilling practices. Strong communicator to both Chevron and Business partners in Managing Safe Work Practices.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.*LI-KG1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required: High School/HS Equivalent
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Construction jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Customer Service Representative
BirdDogHire - Houston, TX
Construction Manager - Property
American International Group - Houston, TX
Bilingual Project Manager
BirdDogHire - Houston, TX
Locate this job: