Senior Exploration Geophysicist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Aberdeen
Job Title: Senior Exploration Geophysicist
Requisition Number: 096326706
Job is available in these locations: Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Exploration Geophysicist located in Aberdeen
Chevron Upstream Europe (CUE) has a vacancy for an experienced Senior Exploration Geophysicist.
The Senior Exploration Geophysicist will play a leading role alongside a team of earth scientists dedicated to growing a portfolio of exploration opportunities in the UK North Sea and Faroe Shetland Basin. The successful candidate will combine regional play analysis with prospect maturation to undertake risk and resource assessments used to support appropriate investment decisions including the drilling of exploration & appraisal wells.
Personal growth opportunities are available within Chevron including future involvement in worldwide exploration, development and production projects within the company’s global operations.
Please ensure your application includes package/salary expectations, eligibility of employment for location and availability to meet if requested for interview.Information will assist in timely progression of your application.
Position Details: Key Job Responsibilities for these positions:
• Interpretation of 3D and/or 2D seismic data to define exploration prospects or support field development activities including well location and earth model construction.
• Experience in extracting and interpreting seismic attributes for use in exploration and development well positioning / earth model construction
• Demonstrated experience in velocity model building and time-to- depth conversion, including depth uncertainty analysis
• Underlying knowledge of seismic processing and modern acquisition techniques. Experience to guide contractor reprocessing efforts in collaboration with subject matter experts
• Integration of G&G data (2D & 3D seismic, surface geology, well logs and potential field) to constrain prospect volumetrics.
• Engagement with engineering, drilling and decision analysis experts to develop economic evaluation to prioritize drilling opportunities.
• Mentoring of less experienced geophysicists in geophysical techniques and principles
• Knowledge of research & technology utilised by operating companies, service companies and academic institutions with enthusiasm to communicate with researchers and geophysicists across the Chevron Earth Science network.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• MSc /PhD (or equivalent) in Geophysics or Petroleum Geology
• Likely 5+ years of industry experience including 3D seismic volume interpretation.
• Experience demonstrating successful geophysical interpretation support for exploration and appraisal drilling.
• Demonstrated expertise in seismic stratigraphy, and seismic interpretation techniques.
• Experience with modern 3D visualization and interpretation software essential.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JA1
Selected candidates will work in United Kingdom under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is an equal opportunities employer
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Country: United Kingdom
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Great Britain
View similar jobs:
Compliance — EMEA Compliance, Global Financial Crimes, Compliance Officer, VP — Based in Bournemouth
J.P. Morgan Chase - United Kingdom
Global Information Management Support EMEA — Associate — Bournemouth
J.P. Morgan Chase - United Kingdom
Consumer Techical Insights Manager - Ice Cream
Ben and Jerry's - United Kingdom (County level)
Locate this job: