Senior Regional Earth Science Advisor Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Senior Regional Earth Science Advisor
Requisition Number: 006424974
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Regional Earth Science Advisor, located in Houston, Texas.
The Senior Regional Earth Science Advisor will work with members of the regional and prospect maturation teams to build and maintain a conceptual geologic framework and manage the geologic data. In addition, the regional advisor will work with the regional geology team leader to systematically enhance and maintain the prospect portfolio tool and analysis.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Provide geologic interpretation and integration of new subsurface information for the deepwater exporation program largely focused on the Wilcox Formation, with an emphasis on stratigraphic framework, depositional/structural interaction, and overall petroleum system understanding.
* A Master's Degree in an Earth Science related discipline. A Bachelor's Degree with adequate related industry experience may be considered in lieu of a Master's Degree.
* A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
* Ability to generate play concepts and mature prospects.
* Multi - basin experience in applying and integrating sequence and biostratigraphic concepts to exploration and appraisal projects in deep water areas such as the GOM, Far East or Atlantic margins.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively integrate all aspects of subsurface evaluation/management.
* Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team setting.
* Knowledge of all technical disciplines.
* Broad experience in all aspects of exploration, and has worked multiple basins.
* Demonstrates ability to clearly convey concepts and objectives verbally, in presentations and in technical reports.
* Able to foster collaboration and cooperation within project team, support teams, and external partners / technical resources / vendors.
* Ability to progress projects while maintaining communication with the rest of the team.
* Must commit to develop professional growth of technical support staff through training; mentoring and other technology transfer.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:General Scientific jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Chemical Laboratory Technician - North Houston
Kelly Services - The Woodlands, TX
STAFF EPIDEMIOLOGIST (PART TIME)
City of Houston - Houston, TX
MICROBIOLOGIST I / DWO / VR
City of Houston - Houston, TX
Locate this job: