Senior Seismic Processing Research Geophysicist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Senior Seismic Processing Research Geophysicist
Requisition Number: 032225428
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Seismic Processing Research Geophysicist, located in Houston, Texas.
This Earth Science Research and Development (R&D) position is for a Senior Research Geophysicist with specialization in research and development of new seismic signal processing algorithms, seismic data processing software applications and workflows.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Conduct and lead research.
* Develop prototype solutions for improving seismic data quality and implement as production-scale-capable software for processing seismic data from conventional and new 2D/3D land and marine survey data types.
* Research and develop robust 2D/3D production-scale software for use on high performance computing clusters.
* Support, mentor and teach other earth scientists in applying the techniques, workflows and software that are developed and deployed.
* Play a leading role developing Chevron’s R&D strategy in the fields of seismic data processing and related technologies.
* Identify and work to position Chevron to take advantage of emerging trends in this field.
* Lead investigative and research efforts using field and model data to provide a basis for seismic processing algorithms and solutions to business challenges.
* Develop prototype algorithms and workflows that deepen insights into technical direction for production-scale solutions.
* Develop production-scale seismic processing software applications.
* Work with internal and external partners to develop and deliver seismic processing solutions to Chevron exploration and development projects.
* Contribute to an array of projects across the R&D unit, sharing learnings and mentoring less experienced staff members.
* Collaborate with R&D teams, service teams, business units and vendor partners to conduct research, develop new software and apply new technologies for direct business impact.
* Ph.D. in Geophysics or related fields such as Physics or Applied Mathematics.
* Minimum 10 years' direct Oil and Gas industry experience beyond Ph.D. as researcher and developer of Seismic Data Processing algorithms and applications.
* Broad knowledge of modern land, marine, and transition zone acquisition techniques, including experience developing applications for wide azimuth and multi-component data.
* Experience in data-driven investigation of algorithms, prototypes, workflows and technologies.
* Proven technical leadership within an R&D environment.
* Strong programming skills in multiple languages with experience in developing production-scale 3D parallel and threaded seismic data processing software.
* Broad experience and knowledge of capability available in the marketplace.
* Extensive experience in multi-company joint technology ventures.
* Strong interest and track record of developing and applying integrated, multi-disciplinary solutions.
* Ability to manage projects: planning, directing, coordinating, and conducting earth science research.
* Proven track-record of creating and linking innovative geophysical solutions to industry business challenges.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment that spans several geographic locations.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments will be considered.
Education Required: Doctorate
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
KYC Team Lead - Business Banking
Chase - TX, Texas
KYC QC Team Lead - Business Banking
Chase - TX, Texas
Relationship Manager I - Business Banking - Del Oro
Chase - TX, Texas
Locate this job: