Subsea Senior Flexible Pipe Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Subsea Senior Flexible Pipe Engineer
Requisition Number: 032226963
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) is accepting online applications for the position of Subsea Senior Flexible Pipe Engineer located in Houston, Texas.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
The Subsea Senior Flexible Pipe Engineer will be a member of the Subsea Engineering Center of Excellence (CoE), working in the core team, which provides technical expertise to the Upstream Major Capital Projects (MCP) and Base Business organizations. CoE employees fill various positions, including research and development, short term consulting/problem solving, with potential for long term secondment to Major Capital Projects or Strategic Business Units. Typical roles may include project scoping, concept selection, FEED and detailed design, fabrication, installation and/or operation of subsea facilities.
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Materials Engineering
* Minimum of 7 years oil industry experience required, with a preference for at least 5 years related to a Subsea discipline.
* Ability to provide flexible pipe technical expertise to MCPs and Business Units, ability to perform high level design analysis and develop functional design requirements and specifications, good knowledge of industry standards in relation to flexible pipe qualification testing requirements, manufacturing, inspection, and installation and offshore test procedures, knowledge and experience with riser systems design, knowledge of topsides and subsea interfaces, knowledge of integrity management systems for flexible pipes, ability to perform feasibility studies in relation to field development with flexible pipe solution, experience on Flexible supply and installation bid evaluation, experience in reviewing and commenting on MCP flexible pipe design and other related documentation
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate and direct the efforts of others to achieve exceptional performance standards.
* Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, be self-directing, and exhibit due diligence in pursuit of objectives.
* Experienced in project controls, including effective work planning, risk assessment, contingency plans, contract management, and demonstrated business acumen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Offshore medical clearance and offshore survival certification is required
* International and domestic business travel to locales with subsea operations (West Africa, Indonesia, North and South America, Australia & Europe.)
* Master’s degree preferred
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-CH1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required: Bachelor
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
EG60 - Project Engineer
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Process Safety Engineer
Kelly Services - Pasadena, TX
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Locate this job: