Subsea Senior Umbilical Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX (Job ID chevron-26964)
Job Title: Subsea Senior Umbilical Engineer
Requisition Number: 032226964
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) is accepting online applications for the position of Subsea Senior Umbilical Engineer located in Houston, Texas.
The Subsea Senior Umbilical Engineer will be a member of the Subsea Engineering Center of Excellence (CoE), working in the core team, which provides technical expertise to the Upstream Major Capital Projects and Base Business organizations. CoE employees fill various positions, including research and development, short term consulting/problem solving, with potential for long term secondment to Major Capital Projects or Strategic Business Units. Typical roles may include project scoping, concept selection, FEED and detailed design, fabrication, installation and/or operation of subsea facilities.
It is anticipated that both international and domestic business travel to locales with subsea operations will be required. Such locations could include West Africa, Indonesia, North & South America, Australia & Europe.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Leadership: Demonstrated ability to coordinate and direct the efforts of others to achieve exceptional performance standards.
* Initiative: Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, be self-directing, and exhibit due diligence in pursuit of objectives.
* Project Management: Experienced in project controls, including effective work planning, risk assessment, contingency plans, contract management, and demonstrated business acumen.
* Teamwork: Strong communicator, who excels at building relationships with customers, contractors and colleagues.
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, Materials Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years Subsea experience.
* Ability to provide Umbilical technical expertise to MCPs and Business Units, ability to perform high level design analysis and develop functional design requirements and specifications,
* Good knowledge of industry standards in relation to Umbilical qualification testing requirements, manufacturing, inspection, and installation and offshore test procedures,
* Knowledge and experience with riser systems design, knowledge of topsides and subsea interfaces, knowledge of integrity management systems for Umbilical, ability to perform feasibility studies in relation to field development with Umbilical solution, experience on Umbilical supply and installation bid evaluation,
* Experience in reviewing and commenting on MCP Umbilical design and other related documentation (e.g. specifications, scopes of work, and procedures),
* Experienced in directing and overseeing engineering contractor's technical work scopes, good technical writing skills.
* Offshore medical clearance and offshore survival certification is required
* Master’s degree
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-CH1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required: Bachelor
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Engineering Support Specialist
NDT Systems & Services - Houston, TX
Enterprise Products - Houston, TX
SUPERVISING ENGINEER - MECHANICAL
City of Houston - Houston, TX
Locate this job: