Unconventional/Tight Carbonate Reservoir Characterization Research Scientist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX (Job ID chevron-25792)
Job Title: Unconventional/Tight Carbonate Reservoir Characterization Research Scientist
Requisition Number: 032225792
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Unconventional/Tight Carbonate Reservoir Characterization Research Scientist, located in Houston, Texas.
The successful candidate will conduct fundamental research aimed at understanding sedimentologic, stratigraphic and diagenetic controls on reservoir quality in low permeability "tight" and "unconventional" carbonate rocks. The job will require significant data analysis and investigative learning, timely and effective project documentation, and active deployment of technology.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Support Exploration and Reservoir Management processes and functions, and build strong collaborative relationships within Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) and with Upstream Business Units.
* Develop interpretation and reservoir characterization methods and workflows to support exploration and development functions.
* Provide comparative analysis of unconventional and tight carbonate reservoirs and development/refinement of a global classification system.
* Develop detailed analysis of select unconventional and tight carbonate reservoirs as type examples.
* Integrate geological reservoir characterization research with petrophysics, geophysics, geochemistry, basin analysis, rock/geo-mechanics, reservoir engineering, and drilling and completions.
* Serve as a trainer and mentor in field of expertise and technology domain.
* Interact with industry and academia through society activities, Joint Industry Projects (JIPs), partnerships, and consortia.
* A PhD Degree in Geology or relevant related discipline, or a Master’s Degree with adequate relevant industry experience may be considered.
* Minimum 3 years industry and academic research as well as technical service experience in carbonate reservoir subsurface interpretation and reservoir characterization.
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) in carbonate sedimentology, stratigraphy, diagenesis and/or reservoir characterization with experience in unconventional and/or tight reservoirs.
* Ability to synthesize and integrate geological, petrophysical and geophysical data types.
* Ability to understand and shape technology projects to address key business drivers and technical challenges.
Desired Professional Attributes:
* Effectively contributes within multidisciplinary teams and collaborates across technical functions
* Ability to identify and assess new opportunities.
* Demonstrated creativity coupled with sound judgment.
* Ability to complete and document projects in expected time frames.
* Demonstrates self-motivation and a high level of initiative.
* Actively participates in and contributes to technical networks.
* Effectively communicate verbally and in writing to influence others.
* Employs and promotes best practices and the value of technology within the ETC and Upstream Business Units.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with geophysicists, petrophysicists, geo-mechanical engineers, and reservoir engineers.
* Project Management skills and experience.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JT1
Expatriate assignments may be considered.
Education Required: Doctorate
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:General Scientific jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
City of Houston - Houston, TX
Chemistry QC Lab Tech for Drilling Fluids
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Chemist or Lab Tech to support Upstream Research
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Locate this job: