Well Intervention Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Cabinda (Job ID chevron-27548)
Job Title: Well Intervention Engineer
Requisition Number: 346027548
Job is available in these locations: Cabinda, Angola
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
To learn more, visit theExplore Chevron website.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Well Intervention Engineer located in Cabinda, Angola through Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Develops programs and cost estimates for offshore Coil Tubing, HWO, and workover rigs.
* Manages service company Coil Tubing and HWO DESC Engineers and oversees the development of detailed workover and completion procedures.
* Manages offshore work planning and coordination making regular site visits.
* Provides Well Site Managers with functional and technical guidance on day-to-day well operations and forward plans.
* Participates in behavioral based safety programs.
* Assists the Block O Completion Engineer with management of completion tools, chemicals, and other materials required for workover and completion operations.
* Works with the Block O Completion Engineer to optimize completion design and efficiency.
* Works with Superintrendent and Well Site Managers to rectify operational problems.
* Identifies methods for improving operational efficiency and works to implement corrective action.
* Provides consultation to Asset Teams for Coil Tubing, HWO, and workover rig operations, CPDEP planning and AFE preparation.
* Ensures that Well Site Managers submit accurate daily reports, timelines, and forward plans.
* Supervises shore-based Drilling Material Coordinators.
* High School Diploma, Accredited GED, or International Equivalent.
* Minimum 6 years of directly related experience.
* Experience managing offshore HWO, Coil Tubing, and workover rig operations.
* Experience with slick line operations.
* Experience with tender and lift-boat operations.
* Experience with the bidding process and contract management.
* Experience planning programs and writing procedures for frac and acid stimulation, pipe recovery, fishing, P&A, TCP, gas lift and submersible pump completions.
* A practical knowledge of wellhead and downhole completion equipment and tools.
* Sound verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to develop well programs and write detailed procedures.
* Ability to manage a diverse workforce in a challenging environment.
* Commitment to safety leadership and the development of OE in workover and completion engineering and execution.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will be considered.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
State/Province/County: Not in list
Relocation Eligible: No
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Angola
View similar jobs:
Coordenador de Operação de Serviços
Chevron Corporation - Luanda, Angola
Tecnólogo de Fiabilidade - Dispositivos Digitais Portáteis Para Recolha de Dados Rotineiros de Operações (Handheld)
Chevron Corporation - Malongo, Angola
Engenheiro de Árvores Submarinas
Chevron Corporation - Luanda, Angola
Locate this job: