Locate this job
The Director, Human Resources is a strategic partner in the development and on-going administration of the entity, with specific responsibility for the planning, development, implementation and administration of policies, procedures and practices affecting the continuum of employment for all employees. Immediate responsibilities include working side by side with the Health System Human Resources department in the placement of competent, oriented and trained staff. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring a highly productive workforce unified in the shared focus on the mission, vision, values, and strategic objectives of the hospital system. Working in concert with the Senior Leadership, and the Health System's HR Team, the Director, Human Resources has responsibility for the effective integration of all Human Resource functions pertaining to the assigned campus.
1. Provides leadership and direction for the Human Resource function of the hospital campus, ensuring effective planning for and utilization of fiscal, material and human resources to realize the mission, goals and objectives for the area of responsibility, while ensuring consistency with the values, mission and goals of the Health System.
2. Collaborates with the Health System Human Resources department to maximize the effective utilization of corporate and local resources through partnering with Health System Human Resource management team on compensation, employee benefit, recruitment, organizational development, and other HR related issues.
3. Develops, recommends and administers Human Resource policies, procedures, practices and services for the facility in accordance with the mission, values, and strategic direction of the Health System, as well as ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state legislation.
4. Actively pursues opportunities to create and/or enhance employee programs and practices that promote and support a highly productive and competent workforce acting in concert with the mission, values and strategic direction of the facility.
5. Provides leadership to the management team on programs and services to assess and monitor compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards involving human resource applications.
6. Maintains fiscal responsibility in a manner that meets standards for the delivery of cost effective programs and practices through developing the budget for the areas based on financial data, establishing recruitment and retention goals, as well as assessing and addressing staff development needs, technology requirements and innovations, partner and non-partner physician needs, customer needs, etc. Directs the budget through analysis reports and written documentation, ensuring adherence to the approved product.
7. Provides advice, counsel and assistance on issues and concerns involved in the employee/employer relationship to ensure a mutually satisfying experience for each employee during the continuum of employment with the Health Care System, and prevent the need for external intervention.
8. Identifies and directs opportunities for cultural development to effectively utilize a culturally diverse workforce in pursuit of the goals and objectives of the Health System.
9. Develops implements and continually enhances effective and timely communication to the employees and contract employees of the Health System.
10. Partners with clinical and non-clinical management and educators to ensure that all staff members meet applicable licensure requirements and have access and opportunity to training and education to maintain and enhance competencies specific to his/her position.
11. Ensures meaningful use of data, providing reports on retention, employee engagement, vacancy rates, and any other information that might assist in ensuring the Health System remains one of the best places to work by both local and national standards.
12. Coordinates the completion of special projects and requests for recommendations sought by the Chief Executive Officer and the leadership team of the facility and/or the Sr. Vice President, responsible for Human Resources. Assignments may pertain to productivity issues, procedural analysis, cost/benefit analysis and other research or statistical information needed by the executive team of the facility or the Health System Human Resources Management.
• Four Year Degree
• Minimum 8 years related and applicable experience
• Must have a record of demonstrated success in all areas of human resources management with special expertise in the employment, employee relations, and employee communications functions
• Must have a current working knowledge of applicable law relating to the employee/employer relationship as
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively partner with all levels of staff throughout the Health System to ensure the facility becomes and remains an employer of choice in the community
• Must have excellent analytical and writing capabilities
• Skilled in determining priorities as well as in organizing, planning, and facilitating projects
Apply on company website