Market Manager - Nashville Market - WH|BM - Nashville, VA Job Listing at Chico's Retail Services, Inc. in Nashville, VA (Job ID chicos-174145)
Market Manager - Nashville Market - WH|BM - Nashville, VA
Location: Stores - Tennessee
Return To List
The Market Manager is responsible for driving sales and increasing profitability for a assigned market of WH|BM stores. In addition, the Market Manager is responsible for teaching, developing, leading, encouraging and motivating store management teams.
* Under the direction of the RSM, develops and executes sales strategy for assigned group of stores.
* Coaches Store Managers to achieve individual store sales targets; reviews progress and store rankings weekly with Store Managers.
* Using the store visit process, identifies and communicate sales driving strategies to all stores; acts upon best practices and effectively implements throughout the group of assigned stores.
* Analyzes Key Performance Indicators (sales, traffic, etc.) to identify trends, opportunities, deficiencies; takes action.
* Regularly shops the competition to evaluate sales activity and trends; ensures Store Managers communicate local competition trends and practices
* Ensures that all stores effectively execute the brand’s service principles and standards.
* Recognizes gaps in the stores’ ability to meet customer needs and coaches Store Manager to take appropriate action.
* Researches and resolves customer concerns promptly; Shares best practices with stores, so all can learn from concerns and solutions.
* Puts the customer first when conducting store visits and models customer service while in the store.
* On store visits, reviews financial components of store, identifying areas of opportunity and coaches Store Manager to improve results and grow the business.
* Under direction of RSM, determines the optimum use of payroll and resources to maximize financial results with highest level of operating and merchandising standards.
* Analyzes financial reports regularly to identify ways of optimizing the assigned store’s financial contribution.
* Rigorously monitors performance targets, the market, and the competition; makes recommendations to store teams and communicates challenges to the Regional Sales Manager and NSSC.
* Teaches and coaches about visual merchandising specific to the company and the industry. Partners with Regional Visual Manager and In-store Visual Coordinator to find appropriate solutions to any challenges.
1.Provides direction and sets ongoing priorities for all Store Managers; monitors progress in achieving company initiatives, priorities and objectives during store visits.
* Sets high standards for self and Store Managers based upon competency model.
* Translates strategic direction into a tactical plan that Store Managers can embrace and share with associates.
* Ensures understanding of priorities and direction across all associates and assigned stores.
* Acts as effective communication liaison between assigned stores and the Regional Sales Manager.
* Builds an effective network within the brand, across all brands, and in the market.
* Forecasts talent needs; pro-actively recruits management positions based on talent needs
* Coaches and holds Store Managers accountable to constantly pursue recruitment opportunities to source prospective associates and fill store staffing needs on time and with the best talent.
* Helps Store Managers gain the ability to successfully recruit qualified candidates to build bench for store succession plans.4.Ensures all store management positions are filled on time and with the best talent.5.Develops and executes a timely recruitment plan for new stores.
* Coaches Store Managers through associate relations situations to achieve effective resolutions. Involves HR and other HQ partners as appropriate.
* Prepares and conducts performance appraisals and evaluations for Store Managers.
* Actively coaches, develops, and cultivates future leadership; this should include development plans for all levels of management.
* Trains Store Managers on standards for effective execution of workload planning, scheduling, and all operational standards.
* Ensures compliance in key operating issues (audits, loss prevention, policy, procedures); trains Store Managers on methods to ensure compliance, improve productivity and reduce shrink.
* With Store Manager, conducts regular reviews in each store to evaluate the results and effectiveness of all operating systems; provides feedback to Regional Sales Manager and appropriate NSSC partners.
* Previous multi-unit retail management experience
* Ability to work weekends when required by business needs
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
* College degree preferred
* Proven track record of increasing sales and store profitability
* Solid evidence of community outreach and involvement. Understands the value in supporting the community
* Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
* Outstanding organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines and deliver high level written and verbal responses. Demonstrates a high level of administrative competence. Excels in simplifying systems and reducing paperwork
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in Nashville, TN
View similar jobs:
Contract Brand/Market Research Analyst
Kelly Services - Franklin, TN
Project Manager (Digital Marketing)
Kelly Services - Franklin, TN
Fresenius Rx Marketing Director Nashville TN
Fresenius Medical Care - Franklin, TN
Locate this job: