Clinical Nurse II Job Listing at Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora, CO
Why Work at Children's.... Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children's Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation's outstanding hospitals by U.S. News World Report, Children's Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children's Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children's Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Qualifications General Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years clinical experience required. Pediatric or subspecialty experience preferred. Basic computer skills required. Excellent customer service and communication skills with hospital/clinic staff, children, parents and visitors. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize tasks in a fast paced setting. Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Required Education/Field of Study:Bachelor or higher in Nursing.
Required License/Certification - Advanced Life Support AND/OR other Certification(s) for specific roles may be required within 6 months of hire.
Required License/Certification - ANCC or Magnet Approved Certification; specialty certification if appropriate.
Required License/Certification - BLS for Healthcare Providers / CPR
Required License/Certification - Registered Nurse
Required Membership: Membership in a professional nursing or health care organization. Physical Requirements Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination: Good
Audio-Visual: Depth Perception: Good
Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good
Audio-Visual: Hearing: Good
Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
General Activity: Sit: 2-4 hrs. per day
General Activity: Stand/Walk: 6-8 hrs. per day
Motion: Bend: Up to 1/3 of time
Motion: Carry: Up to 1/3 of time
Motion: Lift: Up to 1/3 of time
Motion: Pull: Up to 1/3 of time
Motion: Push: Up to 1/3 of time
Motion: Reach: Up to 1/3 of time
Motion: Squat/Crouch: Up to 1/3 of time
Others: Ability to travel to and navigate around worksites which may or may not meet ADA requirements.
Others: Able to assist or assume direct patient care as census directly permits.
Others: May assist in lifting, transporting and positioning of patients
Others: Occupational Hazards - exposure to severe weather conditions; must be able to meet scheduling demands during all weather conditions
Others: Occupational Hazards - exposure to unsteady or falling patient: In the course of transferring a patient, may encounter a patient who falls or loses balance, causing employee to fall and/or bear the full weight of a patient
Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 100 pounds: Up to 1/3 of time Job Overview “The Digestive Health Institute (DHI) is recruiting a Pediatric Neurogastroenterology and GI Motility Nurse. While the DHI serves children with a variety of gastrointestinal issues, populations served by this program are patients with medical and surgical diagnoses specifically related to neuro-gastrointestinal problems. Patients often have co-existing diagnoses including metabolic, psychological, and nutritional concerns that require a multidisciplinary approach to their care. This position will entail participating in both the outpatient clinic as well as routine diagnostic motility procedures. The nurse will actively assist in motility catheter placements, conduct motility testing, and analyze data in conjunction with clinical motility technician.”
The nursing positions in the Digestive Health Institute department are responsible for the following: direct care including both independent and dependent interventions, individualized family centered care, ongoing patient/family teaching and support, patient advocacy, participation in interdisciplinary staffing, telephone triage, discharge teaching, as well as multidisciplinary rounds in order to encompass and ascertain care from all services needed. Populations served are patients with a variety of medical and surgical diagnoses, such as: abdominal pain, diarrhea, encopresis, gastroesophageal reflux, eosinophilic GI disorders, Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis. Hepatology patients include those with biliary atresia, idiopathic neonatal hepatitis, other causes of neonatal cholestasis, acute and chronic hepatitis, liver failure, genetic and metabolic liver diseases, autoimmune hepatitis and primary sclerosing cholangitis, non- alcoholic fatty liver disease, cystic fibrosis liver disease, and pre- and post-liver transplant care, as well as many other diagnoses. Nutrition patients include those with chronic nutritional support (parenteral/enteral feedings), chronic fat malabsorption conditions, cystic fibrosis, short gut syndrome, failure to thrive, liver disease, celiac disease, and inflammatory bowel disease.
1. Care Education of Patient/Family: Utilizes an evidence based approach to practice by providing proficient, developmentally appropriate care to infants and children with complex health care. Also cares for unstable patients and/or patients with uncommon diagnoses guided by the Nursing Practice Model.
2. Care Education of Patient/Family: Actively anticipates changes in patient/unit needs and demonstrates flexibility.
3. Care Education of Patient/Family: Initiates and coordinates individualized care and education for patients/families across the continuum using an interdisciplinary approach.
4. Care Education of Patient/Family: Identifies rationale and role models nursing interventions in compliance with current hospital and departmental policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
5. Professional Contributions Development: Actively participates in shared governance opportunities and/or TCH committees and activities. Designs action plans in alignment with the goals of the department/division and organization.
6. Professional Contributions Development: Initiates and/or actively participates in the implementation of unit, division or organizational quality improvement, evidence based initiatives and/or nursing research activities.
7. Professional Contributions Development: Participates in the development and revision of hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines and measures to evaluate clinical practice in comparison with evidence based practice. Utilizes policy, procedure guidelines to support appropriate practice. Participates in changes to clinical practice that incorporate peer, committee and patient/family feedback.
8. Professional Contributions Development: Member of a nursing or professional health care organization. Maintains certification. Participates in community service and/or grassroots advocacy. Participates in education by precepting orientees or students, acting as a clinical resource, and/or presenting clinical programs. Equal Employment Opportunity It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information. Additional Information Department: Gastroenterology Admin
Hours per week: 40, eligible for benefits
Shift: Monday - Friday 7:30 - 5:00 Possible Saturday
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Denver, CO
View similar jobs:
Clinical Nurse II-After Hours in Pediatric Call Center
Children's Hospital Colorado - Aurora, CO
Clinical Nurse Flex-2D
Children's Hospital Colorado - Aurora, CO
Clinical Nurse AH-Flex B
Children's Hospital Colorado - Aurora, CO
Locate this job: