Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As an Advisory Application Developer, you will join CIBC’s technology team to lead the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs
- Provide cost and time estimates for assigned work packages to support the development of time tables and project plans
- Coordinate coding, testing , implementation, integration and documentation of solution
- Perform complex applications programming activities
- Provide solutions that potentially impact other dependent projects and applications
- Ensure that errors are detected to avoid production outages
- May act as a team lead for a small team and/or technical solution provider (subject matter expert) for complex application problems
What We’re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Must have previous application delivery development experience encompassing knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
- Must have 5+ years Java/J2EE development experience using an iterative approach in a multi-tier environment
- Must have 5+ years development experience using EJB specifications or equivalent technology
- Must have extensive experience with Weblogic
- Must have development experience using XML, Ant and JUnit
- Must have working experience with SQL
- Should have consulting professional experience to understand approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients and partners
What You Should Know
- Maybe on call 24/7 depending on the application supported
- This role requires carrying a pager
Apply on company website