Apply on Company Website
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com. Job Overview
As a Advisory Application Developer you will join CIBC’s technology team to lead the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, multi-platform application systems. Job Requirements
What We’re Looking For
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Provide estimates for assigned work packages to support the development of time tables and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation, integration and documentation of solution. Develop program specifications.
- Perform complex applications programming activities. Code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify complex applications programs.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities. effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced.
- Presentations--Ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients within and outside own area.
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have Post-secondary diploma in information systems (or equivalent work experience)
- Must have 5+ years Java/J2EE development experience using an iterative approach in a multi-tier environment
- Must have 5+ years development experience using EJB specifications or equivalent technology
- Must have extensive experience with Weblogic
- Must have development experience using XML, Ant and JUnit
- Must have working experience with SQL
- Must have working experience using UML methodology, UML diagrams and design patterns
- Must have working knowledge of J2EE security frameworks
- Should have some experience with JMS
- Should have some experience with MQ
- Should have some experience with Oracle Service Bus
- Should have some experience with performance tuning
- Requires carrying a pager.
- May be on call 24 / 7 depending on application supported