Apply on Company Website
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com. Job Overview
Responsible for detailed technical design and development/integration of applications using UNIX and Windows based technology platforms as well as the enhancement and support of existing applications. The focus of this role is on the mobile payment technologies, specifically on all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle as it relates to the applications that comprise this portfolio – Mobile Wallet Applications and other related services. Job Requirements
What We’re Looking For
- Production support of the existing internal and 3rd party mobile wallet applications including annual version upgrades for middleware and operating system.
- Install Integrate and DIT mobile wallet application as required by projects and also for ongoing support and testing as product and devices change
- Identify or enhance processes and tools to increase operational efficiency and integrity.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Provide estimates for enhancements or new projects to support the development of time tables and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation, integration and documentation of solution. Develop program specifications.
- Perform complex applications programming activities. Code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify complex applications programs.
- Building solid working relationships with all stakeholders including peers, testers, clients and vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities. Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
- Application Delivery Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced.
- Ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients within and outside own area.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and effectively dealing with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group or situation level.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
- Source code management using MKS, CVS or similar application.
- Knowledge of Windows based technologies an asset.
- Knowledge of mobile applications an asset.
- Knowledge of Smart Card (EMV) technologies, Mobile Payment technologies and processing an asset.
- May require carrying a pager.
- May be on call 24 / 7 depending on application supported