Apply on Company Website
Advisory Application Developer
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses, Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking, we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees, access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance, so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As an Advisory Application Developer, you will join CIBC's technology team to lead the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for implementation plan, application configuration plan, and any infrastructure or application related documents
- Provide cost and time estimates for assigned work packages to support the development of time tables and project plans
- a good knowledge of majority of following roles/products: Clearcase Admin, Weblogic Server and Portal products (i.e. Deployment, Clustering, etc)., Unix (Navigating Solaris operating system), Oracle DB product (schemas, tables, procedures, etc), Verisign SSL technology
- Assist testing and development team by trouble shooting environment issues by using familiarity of aforementioned items
- Provide solutions for projects that will reduce impact to dependent applications
- May act as a project work package lead to over look project's activities, tracking items and ensuring all required activities are completed before entering production environment
What We're Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Must have previous application delivery development experience encompassing knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
- Must have experience with Weblogic Server and Portal
- Must have experience with UNIX
- Experience with the following would be considered an asset; Oracle DB, Clearcase Admin, Cryptographic and Key Management for Solaris platforms based on VeriSign SSL technology
- Should have consulting professional experience to understand approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients and partners
- Must be able to effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications
- Must successfully manage multiple priorities as this role will manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities
What You Should Know
- May require overtime work
- The role requires carrying a pager on a rotaional basis