Locate this job
Distribution Technology (DT) is responsible for the delivery of technology in support of CIBC lines of business and customers. Through a combination of in-house systems development and working with leading technology partners, the division delivers world-class solutions in order to realize business opportunities.
Be part of DT, an innovative multi-disciplinary team that strategically develops and manages key branch, Internet, Mobile and Contact Center applications. DT acts as the steward for the application components as well as developing solutions for delivering, supporting and maintaining the same. DT has overall responsibility for all of the dependencies necessary for the effective development and support of these applications; key dependencies include hardware, operating system, middleware and networking environments.
As an Advisory Application Developer, you will join CIBC’s technology team to lead the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs
- Provide cost and time estimates for assigned work packages to support the development of time tables and project plans
- Coordinate coding, testing , implementation, integration and documentation of solution
- Perform complex applications programming activities
- Provide solutions that potentially impact other dependent projects and applications
- Ensure that errors are detected to avoid production outages
- May act as a team lead for a small team and/or technical solution provider (subject matter expert) for complex application problems
- Will lead the plan and execution of Currency, Capacity & Refresh (CCR) for DT apps
- Will lead the plan and execution of Service Continuity Management (SCM) for DT apps
- Perform design service level agreement, application capacity plan, and application disaster recover plan
What We’re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have Post-secondary diploma in information systems (or equivalent work experience)
- Must have previous application delivery development experience encompassing knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
- Must have practical working knowledge of JAVA/J2EE, Oracle, DB2, SQL
- Should have consulting professional experience to understand approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients and partners
- Must be able to effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications
- Must successfully manage multiple priorities as this role will manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities
Apply on company website