Advisory Application Developer - Wholesale Banking Technology - Java/C#.NET/Oracle/Sybase/Unix Job Listing at CIBC in Toronto, CA-ON (Job ID 12016202)
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
This position is responsible for development and support of various applications used by Fixed Income, Securitization & Origination in CIBC Wholesale Banking. The applicant will work with business analysts and clients to analyze the requirements and propose IT solutions. The applicant will then build / develop based on the design, and work with the team and clients to test and implement the solution into production.
BUSINESS UNIT DESCRIPTION:
Wholesale Banking Technology: the mandate is to support and develop FI systems and tools globally, which include front-office trading and settlement and back-office support and management systems. The major systems supported are fixed income trading, distribution, electronic dealing, bond analysis, trust administration for Canada Mortgage Housing Corporation, deal management for investment banking, debt and equity capital markets, conduit management for securitization as well as debt and equity book building management for Wood Gundy branches.
– Translate user requirements to process and data requirements
– Ensure the designed specifications achieve business needs
– Work closely with Business Analysts and end users for solution design and standards
– Maintain awareness of and comply with all existing policies (e.g. Regulatory, Audit, Security, Change Management)
– Design IT solution based on business requirements and logical models
– Coordinate coding, testing , implementation, integration and documentation of solution
– Perform complex applications programming activities
– May act as a team lead for a small team and/or technical solution provider (subject matter expert) for complex application problems
– Analyzing project and/or technical risk, using available information, to support business recommendations
– Analyze business and/or client processes and practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement
– Interpreting business requirements and design application solution.
– Assessing work and information flows to identify and recommend appropriate solutions.
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
– Must have previous application delivery development experience encompassing knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
– Must have practical working knowledge of:
• Minimum 3 years of Application Development work experience
• Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
• Solid experience with Java/C# .net, XML, HTML/CSS/DHTML
• Solid experience in Oracle / MS SQL / Sybase
• Experience in integration technology with MQ and etc.
• Ability to effectively work in Unix (Solaris) and Windows server environments
• Knowledge of infrastructure fundamentals, TCP/IP, firewalls, routing
• SVN source code control
• Nice-to-have: Capital Markets and/or Finance domain experience
– Should have consulting professional experience to understand approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients and partners
– Must be able to effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications
– Must successfully manage multiple priorities as this role will manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities
What You Should Know
– May be on call 24/7 for development application support
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Toronto
View similar jobs:
Sr. Software Engineer
Harris Broadcast - North York, Canada
Financial Java Developer
Robert Half Technology - Toronto, Canada
Application Developer (Java)
CIBC - Toronto, Canada
Locate this job: