Advisory Database Administrator and SQL Developer Job Listing at CIBC in Toronto, CA-ON (Job ID 12013935)
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As an Advisory Database Administrator, you will join CIBC’s Retail Markets Technology department to develop databases for customer information solutions. Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to the design detail of database solutions, the physical design of database objects, developing SQL / PL-SQL for data transformation to different data models, developing automated database object maintenance jobs, working with operation partners in designing and maintaining of disaster recovery plans, database security schemes, capacity plans, database configurations and aligning database technology with business objectives and technology roadmaps.
– Application Delivery Process Knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
– Influencing – the ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
– Effective Communication: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with business analysts, architects, designers, developers, Quality Assurance, Operations and senior management
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have 5 plus years of Database administration experience
– Must have 5 plus years proficient experience in SQL and PL/SQL development
– Must have 5 plus years proficient experience in SQL tuning
– Must have 3 plus years of Working experience in partitioning, materialized views and large data warehousing development
– Must have 3 plus years of Shell Scripting experience
– Must have 1 years of concept of data modeling experience
– Experience in OLAP, OBIEE or Data mining would be an asset
- Maybe on call 24/7 depending on the application supported
- This role requires carrying a pager
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
R&D Product Development Engineer
JDSU - Ottawa, Canada
User Experience Design Lead for SAP Jam Job
SAP - Vancouver, Canada
Technical Consultant Job
SAP - Toronto, Canada
Locate this job: