Application Consultant – eChannels & Shared Services - J2EE/SOA/Web Services Job Listing at CIBC in Toronto, CA-ON (Job ID 12010695)
Application Consultant – eChannels & Shared Services
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As an Application Consultant, you will join CIBC’s eChannels & Shared Services Technology team responsible for the functional design and architecture of application systems across all technologies and platforms.
– Translate user requirements to process and data requirements. Design application's technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.
– Design and/or integrate solutions for the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms.
– Provide broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies.
– Ensure the designed specifications achieve business needs.
– Develop and maintain technology roadmaps for enterprise application.
– Influence technology delivery teams to align solutions to roadmaps.
– Analyzing project and/or technical risk, using available information, to support business recommendations.
– Analyzing business and/or client processes and practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement.
– Interpreting business requirements and design application solution.
– Assessing work and information flows to identify and recommend appropriate solutions.
– Providing overall solutions to complex application problems.
– Providing application solutions or making technology selection decisions that are often made in situations where business requirements are not completely defined or changing.
– Estimating project work effort where new technology is involved and no guidelines exist.
– Making decisions with respect to application solutions or technology selection which impact one or several applications resulting in significant financial impact to the project.
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
– Must have previous application delivery development experience encompassing knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
– Must have practical working knowledge of: Rational Unified Process, Agile Software Development, SOA Design Patterns, Java EE, JSP, JMS, JMX, JAX-WS, SOA, Web Services, BPE, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle DB, and PRPC.
– Should have consulting professional experience to understand approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients and partners.
– Must be able to effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications.
– Must successfully manage multiple priorities as this role will manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Toronto
View similar jobs:
Service & Help Desk Support
Robert Half Technology - Toronto, Canada
Locate this job: