CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As an Application Developer you will be responsible for detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
What We’re Looking For
- Convert specifications about business requirements into programming instructions. Design and code programs; create test transactions and run tests; revise as necessary.
- Conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Monitor operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintain records to document program development and revisions. Provide support for existing production applications.
- Conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Responding to production issues by analyzing business processes and practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement.
- Working on a small application or a component of a larger one, interacting with end users and business analysts to gather or review requirements and prepare design specifications.
- Conducting impact analysis and providing feedback on problems and recommending solutions.
- Assessing the impact of making small changes to the architecture.
- Developing application code according to established coding standards. Where standards do not exist in areas of new technology or complexity, this position is required to develop alternatives and select the best-fit approach.
- Ensuring that errors are detected in programming or testing to avoid production outages, and in initial component design to avoid delays in project schedules.
- Successful candidates must have 4+ years JAVA /J2EE development experience using an iterative approach in a multi-tier environment.
- Successful candidates must have 3+ years development experience using EJB specifications or equivalent technology
- Successful candidates must have 4+ years development experience using XML, Ant and JUnit
- Successful candidates must have 2+ years using Soap and JMS
- Successful candidates must have experience working knowledge of J2EE security frameworks
- Working experience with Data Models and Oracle SQL.
- Successful candidates must have 3+ years work experience using UML methodology, UML diagrams and design patterns.
- Successful candidates should have Weblogic Application Server
- Successful candidates should have working knowledge with UNIX
- Successful candidates should have SOA
- Successful candidates should have performance tuning experience
- Require attention to details in system analysis/design and problem resolutions.
- May require to carry a pager if production support - based on rotating schedule.