Apply on Company Website
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As an Assistant General Manager, you will join CIBC’s Commercial Banking, Real Estate & Agriculture department to manage a portfolio of specialized and complex larger credits, ensuring that the credit policies and strategies currently in place are adhered to in order to sustain quality of the credit portfolio. You will be required to support effective portfolio growth by delivering excellent service to our business partners, sales force and ultimately our customers.
– Assess credit applications; review financial history of applicant; assess exposure to the Bank from risk/return perspective; grant credit authorizations within your delegated adjudication limits.
– Provide regular monitoring of the performance of your portfolio for trends/deteriorating situations.
– Apply consistent and accurate Risk rating methodology to assigned accounts and portfolio
– Recommend credit approvals to the General Manager for those accounts in excess of delegated adjudication limits.
– Be prepared to provide alternative solutions for applications that cannot be approved as submitted.
– Recommend the transfer of problem accounts to Special Loans department for direct handling.
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in business, commerce or related
– Must have a minimum of 5 years of commercial credit experience
– Well-developed understanding of credit risk principles and practices, and information required to assess a credit proposal.
– Knowledge of the key components which impact upon credit risk, including character, capacity, capital, collateral, condition, compliance, and management competence. The knowledge of variables that can contribute to credit risk, including economic, demographic, market, industrial, consumer and political trends, etc.
– Ability to assimilate and interpret analyses in order to reach conclusions regarding the total amount of risk associated with a credit transaction.
– Well-developed judgment and decision-making ability.
– Knowledge of problem solving techniques, and the ability to decide on and be responsible for a course of action.
– Good interpersonal skills, with ability to apply them to establish and maintain good working relationships with others.
– Ability to balance divergent goals and deal effectively with conflict