Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
For more than a century, CIBC Commercial Banking has been helping businesses reach their full potential. As an Associate, Commercial Banking, you can begin preparing to build a challenging and rewarding career as a world-class Commercial Banker and strategic partner to some of Canada’s leading companies, who will be committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help clients realize their goals.
As an Associate, you will join CIBC’s Commercial Banking team to provide support to account teams through client acquisition, relationship management and credit management processes as well as providing transactional support for client specific financing solutions.
This is a 12-18 month development program for the Commercial Banking Line of Business providing an opportunity to learn the products, processes, networks and functions to enable and equip the candidate to eventually progress to a Relationship Management/Business Development role.
On successful completion of the training and development period, program employees are considered for and placed in a position somewhere within the region, subject to position availability.
– Assist Managers, Commercial Banking in coordinating activities through the sales cycle and liaising with other units of CIBC as necessary
– Assist with the execution of business development initiatives through contribution to the achievement of growth targets by identifying business opportunities and developing financing solutions to meet the needs of the client
– Assist in analyzing business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research
– Prepare analyses in support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation
– Interact with assigned clients as required to facilitate prompt response to questions, enquiries or issues in order to provide “best in class” service
– Apply acquired industry/company knowledge to the development of client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
– Exposure to the Agriculture industry would be a definite asset.
– Must be an effective team player and posses the ability to work well within a group setting
– Must have strong client and relationship management skills
– Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis
– Should demonstrate an aptitude for business development (sales) skills
Apply on company website