CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
At CIBC, the Branch Manager role is a critical leadership role that’s very rewarding. You will work in a fast paced environment where you lead, motivate and reward your team. You will make a difference in your employee clients’ lives every day by helping them achieve their goals.
You will have the unique opportunity to establish and develop a newly created branch located in an emerging growth area. Business development, marketing and sales and service management are the key focus of your day. You will deliver an excellent client experience by delivering a comprehensive client offering focused on excellent service and having the most appropriate advisor meet the needs of the client. You will develop and lead a high performing team that will enjoy an excellent employee experience. You will manage risk through compliance to policies and procedures. Through your leadership, you will help clients and employees achieve what matters to them.
– Lead and coach a highly successful sales and service team focused on business growth, deepening client relationships and consolidating business
– Lead sales and service management programs to achieve branch business goals
– Enhance CIBC’s presence in the local market to acquire new clients
– Deliver an excellent client experience, improve client satisfaction resolve complaints
– Create a positive employee experience where employees are recognized, capability is developed and career planning is a key to success
– Partner with colleagues and specialists to maximize opportunity to acquire new business
– Protect CIBC, client and shareholder interest by minimizing CIBC’s exposure to risk
– Manage premises and day to day operations of the branch
What We’re Looking For
– Must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have completed the required courses, IFIC or CSC (Canadian Investment Funds Course/Canadian Securities Course) and BME (Branch Manager Examination) prior to the start date.
– Must have a minimum of two years mutual funds sales experience
– Must have leadership skills to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment that leads to the achievement of business goals and superior performance
– Must have sales and service management and demonstrated coaching skills
– Must have previous industry experience
– Ability to improve client satisfaction, resolve complaints and deepen client relationships to grow the business
– Compliance knowledge to manage credit, operational and regulatory risk
What You Need to Know
– Must be available to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays Sundays)
– Local travel may be required
– Location: Webber Green Dr and 199th Street