CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Imagine working in a fast paced environment where you coach, motivate and reward a team of up to 4 sales and service employees to help clients reach their financial goals. At CIBC, you’ll enjoy an exciting career that’s very rewarding, where you’re making a difference in our employee & clients’ lives every day. So if you haven't thought about a career with CIBC, think again.
As the Branch Manager, you will work with your team to foster a client-centric focus, enhance the client experience and accelerate profitable revenue growth. You are responsible for achieving branch business goals, mitigating risk and ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality service in the branch to meet or exceed client expectations and service standards. Through your leadership, you will help clients and employees achieve what matters to them.
– Through your experienced coaching skills, assist your team to achieve all sales and service targets
– Identify client concerns and implement action plans to address client feedback
– Actively promote and maintain effective partnerships with peers, colleagues, businesses & community partners
– Manage all cash holdings and branch expenses
– Hire new employees to join the branch team and ensure that all new and existing employees have acquired the appropriate knowledge to effectively and efficiently perform their duties
– Monitor branch activities and risk to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and controls while minimizing fraud, forgeries and irrecoverable losses
– Responsible for the proper maintenance of branch equipment (i.e. bank machines, cameras, time locks, computers, etc)
– The Branch Manager typically provides back up coverage for direct reports during absences and vacancies on a regular basis
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Preferred candidates must have completed the required courses, IFIC or CSC(Canadian Investment Funds Course/Canadian Securities Course and BME prior to the start date. Exceptions may be made available, however, IFIC/CSC must be in place within 3 months after start date. BME(Branch Managers Examination) must be completed within the 3 months following the successful completion of IFIC
- Must have a minimum of two years mutual funds sales experience
– Must have previous coaching experience to support achievement of desired goals and sales techniques
– Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment through leading to the achievement of business goals and superior performance
– Should have professional experience working with financial products
What You Need to Know
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays & Sundays)