Business Analyst - Finance/Accounting Risk Management Job Listing at CIBC in Toronto, CA-ON (Job ID 13008026)
· Partner with CRA warehouse development, credit risk technology, data providers and end information users to ensure that the appropriate credit risk data is obtained, accurately processed and reported on a timely basis.
· Ensure that the reporting, operational and project support needs of the Wholesale and Retail Portfolio Management reporting groups are fully met and that coverage is effective throughout the year.
· Verify that data is available in the warehouses within agreed upon timeframes
· Perform monthly reconciliations of retail credit risk information to the appropriate financial records.
· Serve as warehouse data and structure expert to support business users; interface between business and technology to solve technology related issues; respond to data related issues; provide warehouse status updates to users
· Build and sustain relationships with key information providers within CIBC to facilitate an accurate, efficient and reliable flow of credit data into the warehouses.
· Ensure that all warehouse operational processes are documented and performed to the satisfaction of internal and regulatory requirements
· Analyze reports and validation scripts to assess the integrity of credit balances reported for the various businesses; investigate any discrepancies.
· Document business requirements and perform quality assurance testing for changes/fixes championed by the warehouse operations group
· Act as a resource to other areas of CIBC and provide guidance in the retrieval and use of warehouse data as required.
Job Complexities and Contacts
· Strong analytical/conceptual skills and knowledge in creative ways to solve general or ambiguous business issues/challenges/problems through the interpretation and analysis of factual and conceptual information
· Possess strong diagnostic skills, and the ability to find practical, pragmatic, solutions
· Well-developed interactive skills suffucient to convey factual and conceptual information on issues requiring detailed explanation and interpretation
· Require sufficient business and technical understanding to interpret client requests and troubleshoot anomalies
· Manage multiple activities with varying complexity and time constraints in a matrix organization
· Maintain productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external sources, colleagues, and others to obtain, provide, verify and discuss information and best practices.
· Self-planning skills sufficient to schedule, organize and carry out work assignments according to established work plans, adjusting work schedules according to changing priorities
· Demonstrate initiative, a strong sense of materiality and the ability to work effectively without close supervision. Assignments are carried out with considerable independence and the incumbent is expected to take initiative in seeking out information.
· Well-developed multi-tasking, balancing and prioritization skills
· Developed working knowledge of computer applications sufficient to create databases, read/write moderately complex SQL queries and create SAS projects.
· Display enthusiasm for the subject and welcome a steep and continuous learning curve
· Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, service oriented/client focused mindset
· Flexibility to change direction quickly to meet business needs;
· Proven ability to function as part of a team.
· Regular contact with internal clients, colleagues and others to obtain and provide detailed and factual information covering warehouse feeds, data and operations
· Product knowledge
· Familiarity with warehouse processes and data models
· Understanding of logical model relationships, ability to evaluate data quality
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate/explain fact-based and abstract or conceptual information
· Influence skills sufficient to obtain the cooperation of data providers
· Self-directed with ability to plan own assignments according to general work plans
· Well-developed judgment and ability to interpret/adapt general procedures or approaches when formulating responses to problems/issues.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Access, Structured Query Language, database design, and SAS Enterprise Guide
· Familiarity with the Basel III Capital Accord, and (for an internal candidate) the current state of CIBC processes, policies, procedures, and systems
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Toronto
View similar jobs:
Senior Manager, Accuracy & Timeliness- IT Risk Centre of Governance
RBC - Toronto, Canada
Senior Manager, Information Security - IT Risk Centre of Governance
RBC - Toronto, Canada
Senior Manager, Performance & Scalability - IT Risk Centre of Governance
RBC - Toronto, Canada
Locate this job: