Search for More JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Ceridian Toronto, Canada
CIBC Toronto, Canada
CIBC Toronto, Canada
Locate this job
Location: Toronto, CA-ON
Application Deadline: None
Type: Not specified
Career Level: Associate
Salary Range: Not specified
Number of Jobs: 1
Relocation Available: No
Retail Solutions and Delivery
Job Code 1395 – Level 7
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Purpose of Role
The Business Consultant provides, within a matrixed environment, sophisticated analysis of considerably complex business / function information, and provides comprehensive recommendations / proposals to management including executives, clients and business leaders. The information analyzed may be of a strategic nature.
The Business Consultant ensures business and system requirements are documented in the form of detailed functional and non functional requirements that meet industry best practices and are consumable by clients, development and testing.
The incumbant also provides technical and professional advice / guidance on both routine and non-routine issues to more junior analysts and other team members, and may manage a small work team in the execution of the analysis.
1. Business Systems Analysis
- Initiate medium to high complexity projects, either as the sole Business System Analysts or as a member of a team of BSA's. Provide expert consulting services to a team of up to 12 members at various levels from other functional areas across SBU's. May be required to lead a team of BSU's.
- Research existing policies, procedures, methodologies and systems that support the current state and system, and identify changes needed to support revised processes. Work with business and process engineering to identify and build process improvements into design.
- Utilize creative thinking to modify or select the most suitable procedure / approach that results in providing CIBC with optimum solutions to business and technology challenges.
- Lead meetings and JAD sessions with Stakeholders to capture the requirements and specifications. Using negotiating and facilitation skills, resolve issues across competing segments and channels to arrive at solutions that meet the needs of all stakeholders. Actively manage client expectations.
- Document all artifacts of the requirement management process: business process models, use case models, functional requirements (use cases), non functional requirements, process flows (activity and sequence diagrams), data elements, translation files etc. Obtain signoff for all Requirement Management deliverables. Work with the Sr. Consultant and Sr. BA Manager to ensure adherence to the Requirements Management Process, and that work produced is of the highest quality. Work to provide continuous improvement and ensure high levels of quality in all deliverables, processes and procedures.
- Work with the User Interface Designer to ensure use cases are supported by required user interfaces, so that use cases and interface documents can be presented to clients as a cohesive unit. Provide input into the deliverables of the user experience team and provide assistance in the completion of UI documentation (as required).
- Support the Development, Testing and Implementation teams through Construction and Implementation phases of the SDLC, by conducting walkthroughs of requirements, providing clarification and facilitating issue resolution. Provide signoff of deliverables of Development, Testing and Implementation (eg Software Design Document, Test Plan / Test Cases / Training Plan / Communications etc.)
2. Business Planning and Tracking
- Participate and provide input to the business planning, estimation and tracking process. Meet project objectives within budget, on time and within acceptable quality levels. Manage assigned work packages against timelines and within scope and budget. Make recommendations on corrective actions if work package deliverables are in jeopardy. Create change requests as required. Document and raise issues for resolution encountered during the requirements definition process.
3. Continuous Improvement
- Work to provide continuous improvement of and ensure high level of quality in all deliverables, processes and procedures.
- Create organized and professional presentation material for clients and senior executives, presenting recommendations in a logical, articulate and influencing manner.
- Facilitate and lead discussions as required, preparing documentation to record discussion and follow-up actions.
5. Business Development / Client Relationship Management
- Develop and manage relationships with multiple businesses and segments, project managers and technology partners. Develop a thorough understanding of client groups and businesses in order to recommend client-specific approaches to resolving high level, potentially high impact needs of the clients.
- Within individual projects, ensure that client expectations are met and managed. Resolve client issues before they become problems. Immediately address issues, and work to obtain and clearly communicate resolutions.
- Contribute to overall client relationships and senior executives by delivering accurate business deliverables in a professional manner.
Business / Relational or Technical Skills
- A University degree in business and / or information technology (or equivalent work experience).
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as a Business Analyst in the financial services industry, including solid experience in application development.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of banking business and technical systems and processes sufficient to perform comprehensive analysis and make recommendations - CIBC banking knowledge strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in delivering long term multi-phase projects across multiple business units.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of Requirements Management: Business Process Modeling, Use Case modeling, use case specifications, functional and non functional requirements.
- Experience with formal development methodologies including exposure to UML and Object Oriented Methodology.
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization, across lines of business and with third party vendors; experience interacting with senior and executive members of the organization.
- Experience working within a project management environment with good understanding of project management methodologies and tools.
- Expected to operate with considerable independence in setting priorities and assessing issues.
- Proven high degree of commitment to excellence.
Apply on company website