Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Business Systems Specialist you will join the Operational Governance and Reporting team which plays an integral role in the continuous improvement and evolution of operational quality. The Business Systems Specialist will be integral in providing data analysis and reporting. Additional accountabilities include analyzing and documenting requirements and operational procedures, and revising tools in support of automation.
- Create and maintain linkages between Gating, Enterprise Change, Enterprise Problem and Enterprise Incident Management.
- Participate in the development and documentation of processes and operational procedures that support the above processes.
- Document requirements, and revise and automate reporting capabilities as appropriated.
- Develop documentation in support of Operational Gating, Governance and Reporting including user guides, operational procedures, etc.
- Work with various software tools (including Excel and Microsoft Access) for the purposes of data analysis and reporting; develop/build automation within the tools.
- Through metrics and data analysis, play and integral role with operations reporting on behalf of the Operations Centre.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure Operations teams that are responsible for tracking of changes, incidents and problems and the appropriate QA/QC actions required for resolution.
- Analyze data and interpret changes and trends in CIBC Technology to determine if process, operational or technical changes are required.
- Participate in process improvement activities.
What We’re Looking For
- Three years of relevant technology experience, related to high quality IT standards, practices and processes.
- Experience with data analysis, metrics and reporting.
- University degree or college diploma in a related or applicable discipline.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and ability to develop and build automation within the tools.
- Excellent presentation and business communication skills (verbal, written and presentations), with the ability to convey conceptual information and ideas on quality issues that involve different interpretation and opinions.
- Must have experience with VBA automation for Excel and Access
- Availability and flexibility; deliverables may require an early start time 7:30am or after hours support.
Apply on company website