Retail Markets provides a full range of financial products and services to almost 11 million personal, business and wealth clients, as well as investment management services globally to retail and institutional clients. CIBC Retail Markets has a broad distribution network serving clients through close to 1,100 branches, as well as CIBC Wood Gundy offices and President’s Choice Financial in-store pavilions. Clients also have 24/7 access to telephone banking, online and mobile banking and online brokerage, as well as to Canada’s second largest ABM network.
As a key business with CIBC Retail Markets, Distribution Services’ mandate is to create an excellent client experience whenever, wherever and however our clients choose to do business with us. Distribution Services is comprised of teams that support the various channels clients use including, telephone banking, ABMs, branch network, online banking, mobile banking and Investor’s Edge. In support of the delivery of an integrated client experience, Distribution Services also supports customer care, business controls, frontline training, performance measurement, frontline effectiveness, process engineering, and project management across Retail Markets.
- Shifts will be between 8:00am to 8:15pm, thereafter.
- Must be available for 37.5 hours for training 9-5pm for the first 4 weeks.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- In a contact centre environment, the Customer Service Representative will answer incoming calls and promptly provide detailed information to Customers inquiring about stock quotes, online support, account administration, and general questions.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in customer service and have a passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Additionally, the Customer Service Representative will be successful by recognizing and accurately assessing and responding to customer needs.
MAJOR DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The primary role of the Customer Service Representative is to respond to Customer inquiries and provide them with a superior service experience. Customer Service Representatives will report to a Supervisor, and are directly accountable for telephone service factors and quality calls.
This is achieved by:
- Providing an excellent customer experience by responding to customer calls in a courteous, knowledgeable and professional manner
- Quickly analyzing and interpreting customer inquiries to identify customer needs
- Listening to customers, asking questions as appropriate to discover needs while simultaneously using keyboard/mouse information received by on-line systems (i.e.multi-tasking)
- Fulfilling customer expectations in ways that also comply with policies, practices and procedures
- Identifying and resolving complaints, influencing to achieve a solution which is mutually satisfactory to the customer
- Accurately assessing and responding to customer needs, using sound judgement and flexibility when recommending appropriate options/solution
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Proven customer service skills, preferably in a call centre environment - Computer literacy in a Windows environment
- Multi tasking skills
- Good telephone skills
- Good problem solving and decision making ability
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Good organization and time management skills; must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in the financial services and/or investment industry in a customer service role is preferred
- Fluency in English & French (Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be a definite asset)
- Preference will be given to candidates that have completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- RESULTS ORIENTED
- ANALYTIC/SYSTEMATIC THINKER
WORKING HOURS: -
- Shifts will be scheduled within hours of operation: Monday to Friday - 8:00am - 8:15pm EST
- Saturday and Sunday may be required during peak periods
- RRSP Season Exceptions
- Contact Centre hours may be extended on an exception basis during RRSP season to better serve our clients.
- Appropriate notice will be given if the decision is made to temporarily extend office hours
- Employees may be required to work full time hours any given week with the appropriate notice
- It may be necessary for business reasons to change shifts with appropriate notice to the employee
- Mandatory training will take place during the initial 4 weeks of hire and will run Monday to Friday (9:00am to 5:00pm).
- 6 Month Contract with possibility of full-time in future - $17/hr
- CIBC would like to thank all applicants, however, only those under condsideration will be contacted
- You must have prior legal authorization to work in the location for which you are applying.
- Relocation assistance is not available with this opportunity.