Locate this job
BUSINESS UNIT DESCRIPTION
CIBC Mortgages & Lending (CML) provides financing to help customers realize their dreams such as home ownership, home renovation, owning a new car, travelling or topping up their investments.
CML is responsible for the development, distribution, servicing and profitability of various mortgage brands (CIBC Mortgages, Homes Loan Canada, FirstLine Mortgages and PCF Mortgages) as well as CIBC lending products (secured loans and lines of credit based on the equity in your home, overdraft protection, agriculture loans, wholesale automotive loans, and small business lending).
Monitor and improve all aspects of controls related to credit adjudication under the responsibility of CIBC Mortgages and Lending. Support strategic and tactical business initiatives including change management and project management.
The Credit Adjudication Controls Analyst will ensure the effective control of approved third party relationships, reporting, and other safeguards to continually improve the quality of the credit decision.
- Monitor, modify, and manage operational controls for adjudication centres, internal partners, and third parties. Recognize and identify areas where operational controls need to be changed or developed, and provide recommendations for implementation of revised/improved methodologies.
- Monitor, evaluate, and approve third party relationships with CIBC Mortgages, including, but not limited to, residential appraisers and lawyers.
- Ensure CIBC standards are upheld both internally and externally through third party relationships. Maintain non-compliance documentation and logs. Monitor progress on non-compliance and escalate to the Senior Manager as appropriate.
- Analyze credit adjudication processes to identify opportunities and develop solutions to increase operational effectiveness, reliable reporting, and safeguard security.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial laws, regulations, and CIBC policies, procedures, and governance programs.
- Prepare and/or assist with the preparation and distribution of various reports within the responsibility of the Credit Adjudication Controls team as delegated.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the accurate and timely preparation of all reports, as delegated, for distribution to appropriate parties.
- Participate in projects related to operational controls and provide recommendations to Senior Manager
This job interacts with the Senior Management Team in Credit Adjudication, Project Management, and Change Management Groups within CML. The incumbent also works closely with Risk Management, the Branch Network and with external Appraisers, Legal Firms, Realtors, and Industry Groups.
As an employee of CIBC, the incumbent must comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls.
This job has the authority to approve and decline third party relationships (ie. lawyers, appraisers) with CIBC Mortgages. The job also provides recommendations for changes to operational processes to improve credit quality.
This job is responsible for Operations Controls and Third Party relationships nationally.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of business, finance, and economics aquired through a university degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a credit environment
- Experience and advanced knowledge of CIBC policies, procedures, and approaches to credit.
- A good understanding of the legislation and laws governing the lending industry.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems.
- Written communications: Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Interpersonal relationships: Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities, making effective judgements in prioritizing and time allocation Responds to day to day operational priorities while still making progress on project work.
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Access).
- Working knowledge of internal CIBC systems and applications (e.g. CLASS, COINS, Excalibur, Aurora, Target).
- This role operates within a normal office environment with little exposure to adverse working conditions.
Apply on company website