Locate this job
Please note that this is a part time 36.25 hour position.
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Imagine working in a fast paced environment where you help clients do their every day banking and receiving something equally as valuable, a smile that says you’ve made their day easier. At CIBC, you’ll enjoy an exciting sales and service career that’s very rewarding, where you’re making a difference in our clients’ lives every day. So if you haven't thought about a career with CIBC, think again.
The purpose of this job role is to perform a wide range of service support activities for the efficient and effective operation of the branch. This role processes basic financial transactions primarily for personal and select commercial clients, verifies report and responds to customer inquiries and requests. This role is dedicated to support activities resulting from the high volumes of these specific activities at the branch.
This is a hybrid role performing a combination of customer service representative and branch support representative roles.
– To create a positive client experience by understanding and meeting client needs quickly, professionally and accurately.
– Identifying new sales opportunities and making quality referrals to colleagues.
– The ability to work in a multi-tasking environment where a high attention to detail is required in order to balance your cash, credits and other monetary transactions.
– Conduct administrative activities received by customer, district office, and retail back office.
– Demonstrate a strong code of ethics while adhering to and protecting client privacy.
Keep up to date on relevant CIBC products, services, programs, policies and procedures
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Candidates must have previous experience handling cash in a customer service or sales oriented position.
– Basic sales skills to sufficiently identify customer needs and refer clients to colleagues.
– Developed account maintenance skills to process account openings, cheque ordering, changes of information, interest rate changes.
– Knowledge of estate accounts, powers of attorney and handling of dishonored items is an asset.
– Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
– Basic problem solving and decision making skills to identify problems, analyze and generate solutions.
– Basic time and self management skills to manage own time and to prioritize work.
– Well developed computer literacy skills and the ability to use computer software and CIBC specific software programs.
–Location: 10126-101St Ave P.O. Box 446
Apply on company website