Director, Commercial Banking Job Listing at CIBC in Vancouver, CA-BC (Job ID 12018216)
BUSINESS UNIT DESCRIPTION CIBC
Commercial Banking, part of CIBC Retail and Business Banking, is committed to Partnering with Canada’s BestTM organizations. Our comprehensive approach provides industry expertise, innovative ideas and strategic solutions designed to create, protect and realize stakeholder value. Partnering with clients with annual sales of between $1.0 million to $500 million, Commercial Banking provides integrated financial solutions to address virtually every business requirement at every stage of a company’s development and operation, including credit, asset-based financing, subordinated debt, trade finance, cash management, franchising, foreign exchange, investments, M&A and private placements of equity and debt. Our Relationship Managers are located in regionally based centres and branches across Canada, ensuring first hand knowledge of local market conditions.
Reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Banking for British Columbia, this position is an ideal choice for experienced candidates with exceptional leadership skills, developed business credit management skills, a depth of experience in working with commercial banking clients and a passion for working in a client-centric environment that aligns to a strong performance culture. Successful candidates can look forward to putting their people skills to work by building a dynamic team, developing talent and driving business growth through working with companies that have credit needs, generally in the $250M to $5MM range, and/or complex cash management requirements. In addition, the Director, Commercial Banking leverages partnerships with the broader market team to deliver a broad range of Commercial Banking solutions. You will represent CIBC as an ambassador in your community and provide your commercial banking clients the direction and support that will help them achieve what matters to them.
Provide leadership and effective management of business unit staff to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job by;
• Setting appropriate context when assigning work to ensure that individuals’ roles support the achievement of the business unit’s priorities and CIBC’s overall goals; • Building team and individual capabilities by providing development opportunities such as job shadowing, special projects, and training;
• Managing performance by providing fair and accurate formal and informal feedback, identifying and removing obstacles to performance and by explaining how performance expectations align with business priorities;
• Creating a positive work environment and being an effective role model by championing CIBC’s mission, vision and values;
• Ensuring compliance with policies, standards, guidelines and controls by applying the policies and controls fairly and consistently so employees understand what to expect, and;
• Hiring the right people in the right jobs to align individual capabilities with job requirements and business unit goals.
• Leads the execution of strategies and tactics to grow the Commercial Banking ($250M to $5MM) business, improve the client experience, and build relationships with commercial banking clients and prospective clients.
• Leads the development of financial, business and credit management plans. Establishes strategies, initiatives and tactics to achieve plans.
• Ensures the effective implementation and alignment of initiatives with market, region and Commercial Banking initiatives to increase financial performance and to enhance the overall client experience.
• Reviews and integrates Commercial Banking strategies and action plans developed for each portfolio to ensure they meet annual business and financial plans.
• Executes and monitors the progress of portfolios against the plans and taking corrective action when required.
• Establishes and implements effective strategies to improve the client experience and enhancing client relationships to increase the ‘share of wallet’ and decrease client attrition.
• Gains employee commitment by developing and maintaining a culture that enhances the employee experience, encouraging high performance, and supporting the improvement of capabilities in the sales and service teams. Demonstrates effective partnership management to grow the business.
• Commercial Banking clients and centres of influence in both the public and private sector, to build relationships, develop new business, and represent CIBC in the broad business community.
• Key partners in Risk Management and Compliance, CIBC Credit Group and Retail Operations to resolve credit and risk issues.
• Key local partners in Imperial Service, Commercial Banking, Wood Gundy, Trade Finance, Foreign Exchange, CIBC Private Investment Counsel and other partners (such as GPI and Ceridian) to provide solutions to meet the needs of commercial banking clients.
• As an employee of CIBC, the incumbent must comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls.
• As a manager of people, this job must ensure all employees within the business unit comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls.
• As the people manager of the group, this job has the authority to assign tasks to employees, within their span of control, participate in the selection of individuals for hire, and assess individual performance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong leadership and people management skills sufficient to lead a team within an assigned area to achieve strategic, business and financial plans in a manner consistent with CIBC’s values, strategies, core policies and programs.
• Strong business development expertise to establish, grow and sustain long term relationships with commercial banking clients.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in understanding and meeting the financial needs of medium-size businesses, including credit, cash management, transaction accounts, foreign exchange, trade finance and others as appropriate.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in credit management and knowledge on commercial banking credit strategy and risk rating methodologies.
• Detailed knowledge of corporate lending practices and credit analysis to ensure asset/portfolio quality.
• Broad analytical skills and an ability to assess lending risk of target market.
• Effective and demonstrated problem solving skills sufficient to address client and operational issues in a timely and effective manner.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and decisively set priorities and implement action plans.
• In-depth knowledge of markets, regulatory environment, risk issues, client behaviors and business practices.
• Thorough knowledge of a diverse marketplace and the needs of medium size commercial banking clientele.
• Highly developed business planning skills in order to develop business plans and tactics to support organizational strategies and objectives.
• Demonstrated experience in Business or Commercial Banking in Canada
• Business degree required.
• Work extended hours and has flexibility and adaptability in order to meet client requirements
• Normal business environment
• Occasional to frequent travel
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Medical Sales Representative - Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto
AstraZeneca - Ottawa, Canada
Market Associate - Vancouver, BC, CAN
Expedia Canada - Vancouver, Canada
First Data - Ontario, Canada
Locate this job: