Locate this job
Card Products Division is the #1 credit card issuer in Canada. Our goal is to provide the highest quality and best value through CIBC’s family of credit cards. We are committed to performance excellence through leveraging the strengths of an accountability based organization structure. Through the use of technology and advanced analytical tools and techniques, we develop and market innovative solutions designed to build and strengthen our customer loyalty. We provide prompt responsive and reliable customer service through contact centres located in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Our Marketing, Portfolio Management and Technology areas are located in Toronto.
Key Accountabilities / Activities:
Purpose of Role and Key Accountabilities:
At CIBC Integrated Business Control Services, our vision is to be the leader in credit card customer relationships. As a member of the Fraud Loss Prevention and Investigations Senior Management team, the Director of Fraud Contact Services - Montreal will work collaterally to provide world class virtual Fraud Operations and customer service through an inspired workforce with efficient processes and through vigilant fraud detection, prevention and migration methods.
Contribute to the development of a strategic direction and decisioning process for Fraud Loss Prevention and Investigations and engage in short to long-term planning (up to 1 year) that requires a wide perspective to translate strategic objectives into executable deliverables.
Contribute to the divisional revenue growth through effective delivery of customer service and revenue protection strategies and IBCS deliverables.
Achieve customer service deliverables at world-class standards through benchmarking, process improvement, integrating best-demonstrated practices, and putting into operation a flexible, scalable workforce model.
Maximize workforce and operational efficiencies.
Create a high performing workforce by attracting, developing and retaining employees through inspired leadership and managerial excellence.
Demonstrate, develop and sustain a high performance, sales and service culture consistent with the vision, values and strategic objectives of Integrated Business Control Services.
The Fraud Response Centres and Fraud Detection Centres are located in Toronto and Montreal and are virtually linked in providing seamless world-class 7/24 fraud monitoring and customer service. Fraud Claims centre is located in Toronto only. It is essential that service levels and the productivity of the fraud detection and claims caseload are the significant focus of the incumbent as is the leadership in achieving our vision of being the leader in customer relationships.
1.Support the implementation of fraud risk strategies, both short and long term.
2. Ensure effective fraud file management that supports loss prevention and recovery strategies.
3. Increase operational efficiencies and capability to execute against the fraud risk plan.
4. Ensure customer recovery guidelines are in place for loss prevention strategies.
5. Participate in the development of security policy and procedure setting and maintenance within VISA Operations.
6. Develop alternative pathways and implement best practices through benchmarking and process improvement for achievement of fraud detection and prevention goals.
7. Manage the fraud and risk component of the integration of Customer Service & Operations strategies into customer service delivery channels.
8. Maintain "currency" in professional/specialized knowledge, best-demonstrated practices, principles and technologies.
10.The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that:
*Business objectives are met
*There is effective leadership at all levels
*High performing teams are maintained
*Business impacts and changes are anticipated
*Communication is clear and free of ambiguity
*Focused representation is evident at project and business meetings
*Short and long term objectives are anticipated and met
*People are developed and appropriate judgments are made in terms of personal effectiveness
*Professional and personal credibility are maintained
*There is clear understanding of the people and customer issues
In a way that:
*People are inspired to do the work
*People feel good about their environment and the business
*Respect, courtesy, dignity, integrity, honesty and competence are always maintained
*Opinions are welcomed and heard
*Customer issues are understood and acted upon
*Employees want to take ownership of customer, employee and business issues
*There is effective collaboration and partnering, both collaterally and across the business
11. Assess the impact, effectiveness and feasibility of change initiatives making recommendations and adding value to the design and implementation as appropriate.
12. Conduct, facilitate and incorporate survey results for employee and customer satisfaction with an emphasis on removing employee and customer dissatisfiers and enhancing overall customer loyalty.
13. Ensure staffing, orientation and promotions are conducted effectively and professionally.
14. Provide regular formal and informal feedback to ensure performance appraisals and the identification of developmental needs are fair, accurate, effectively communicated and aligned with IBCS and Card Products HR guidelines.
15. Deal with disciplinary matters.
1. Well developed leadership skills sufficient to be able to lead, motivate staff at all levels and be able to function in a fast paced, high change environment involving people with skills, knowledge and orientations different from your own.
2. Strategic planning skills sufficient to establish and coordinate a variety of non-routine assignments or projects.
3. Creativity skills sufficient to resolves complex problems and or to identify innovative alternatives or opportunities where established procedures sometimes do not work.
4. Well developed communication skills, written, verbal, interpersonal and influential skills sufficient to resolve situations and create win/win solutions and agreements.
5.Significant presentation and interactive skills sufficient to clearly articulate complex conceptual ideas or information on issues involving extensive interpretation and opinion
6.Previous experience managing within a bargaining unit environment would be an asset.
7. Leaders at this level should be recognized internally and externally as subject area experts.
8. Comprehensive knowledge of the credit card business is desirable.
9. Extensive Call Centre/Contact Centre experience (specific knowledge of fraud loss prevention area would be an asset) including technologies, practices, metrics and standards.
10. Developed marketing/consulting skills (capable of promoting the business with considerable networking) including securing executive support for initiatives.
*Forward & Strategic Thinking
*Teamwork & Partnering
*Impact & Influence
CIBC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. CIBC does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply on company website